2 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.comUS$159
Hotels.comUS$159
Orbitz.comUS$159
4,221 results
All reviews the club lounge gamla stan central station great location old city walking distance an upgrade superior room concierge sweden sek
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2019

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights for work. Let's be clear, the majority of positives (close links with transport, supermarkets, train stations) are going to appeal both to leisure and professional travellers, but the majority seemed to be there for work. The hotel seemed to be catering to that group. And since I was part of it, that's fine. But I cannot imagine going here for a vacation as it is not a hotel that exudes a holiday vibe.

The room was nicely laid out, spacious by Scandinavian standards and the bed extremely comfortable - if a little small by most standards. The bathroom was modern and clean. I like the fact that the window could be opened for a little fresh air. My room looked out over an inner courtyard which clearly had not been looked after for a long while.

The furniture was comfortable but rather old and scuffed. Clearly there is a need to renovate but if you have high occupancy with old furniture, why would you renovate unless it was absolutely necessary?

The restaurant was, in my opinion, not all it tried to be. The artichoke soup was good but the Moules Marinieres were quite and the sauce on the salty side. But I've had worse in France so there you go.

Breakfast was excellent and the choices very broad.

I was disturbed to note that at least one male receptionist seemed to be somewhat irritable - his behaviour was in my opinion - when dealing with the customer in front of me - quite rude. But we all have bad days.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank FrequentTraveller921
Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

Wonderful hotel and very well positioned. Friendly professional staff, super appointed rooms with a great view. Nice site seeing in the Area beautiful city . Will certainly recommend it and cone back for holiday

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank clintr2016
Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

Hotel is on the older side and most probably due a renovation however it still operates very effectively. The location is superb and rooms are large, clean with the most comfortable beds. The restaurant downstairs have great food and the in-house coffee shop is an added bonus. Breakfast can be a bit chaotic on the mornings but once seated everything is fine. Fresh coffee instead having to help yourself from the machine would be a nice change. The hotel is around the corner from the station so very convenient. Highly recommended.

2  Thank JamesK505
Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

Excellent hotel, extremely convenient to transit and City Hall. That said, we like local flavor, and our three nights in this hotel don't compare to our previous stay in the First Hotel Reisen on Gamla Stan. A major factor in that impression is the traffic congestion around the Sheraton, whereas the waterfront in Gamla Stan is more walkable yet still lively. This Sheraton was clean, breakfast was very good. The Club Lounge is far too small - nowhere at all to sit in the evenings, no permission to remove food or drink - in contrast to far larger lounges in most Marriott properties (e.g. Copenhagen, Philadelphia). The view from our Lake View room was very nice.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank medray
Reviewed 16 August 2019

We stayed at this hotel for a few days in August. It is in a great location with the beautiful historic old town to the front of the hotel being a brief walk over the bridge, and the modern part of the town to the left and back of the hotel. It is also a short walk to the left along the water to more restaurants and riverside cafe's.

The hotel offers good facilities including a nice bar in the reception area. The rooms are spacious and clean. I travel a lot on business and would say the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The rooms also offer tea and coffee making facilities.

The staff throughout the hotel are friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend this hotel, and would stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends