“Excellent location in Stockholm”

Sheraton Stockholm Hotel
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The hotel is situated pretty close to the downtown in a beautiful building. It is pretty close to Gamla Stan. It is also walking distance from the central station which is quite convenience.

The room is spacious and clean. The bed is really comfortable as well. We upgraded our room to club level which is worth it. Every day they have the happy hour with snacks and cocktails included in the club level and it is a good start to explore the city at night.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on your visit to us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel. It is great to hear that you had a good time and that you like most things about us.

The Club rooms are well worth upgrading to, and as you mention the cocktail hour is a perfect start to a night out in Stockholm. Maybe you will return to Stockholm one day? If you do, please let us know and we will make sure we take good care of you again.

Thank you for caring!

Reviewed 6 November 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton Stockholm for a week on a business trip. I travel quite often to Stockholm for business, so I have tried several hotels in town, and this one is my favourite.

I had a classic room, which means no view. All the rooms with a city view are superior rooms. My room was very large for local standards, but there are several sizes of classic rooms, some of them (the ones with TV mounted directly on the wall) being significantly smaller for the same price.

The rooms have been renovated a couple of years ago and have a nice modern feel, but not particularly design (probably to appeal to everybody's taste). The beds are very comfy, housekeeping is excellent, and amenities as you'd expect them from a hotel of this class. Staff is very friendly, doing the most possible to help.

The bar in the lobby is a nice place to relax in the evenings, even if the cocktail I had was not the best value for money. There is a "DJ" (read: a guy playing tracks on his laptop) each evening and a small fireplace. There is also a gym with sauna on the 1st floor, but no swimming pool (contrary to some other hotels in town).

Breakfast is excellent and plentiful, but is atrociously expensive if not included in the room rate! Not a big issue tho, as there are several excellent coffeeshops nearby to enjoy a nice breakfast. I recommend the Espresso House on Vasagatan 15, near the Arlanda Express terminal!

Location is top notch, within a walking distance of public transport, Gamla Stan and the shopping area. Only the immediate surroundings are a bit boring.

The hotel, as you'd expect from a Sheraton, seems to mostly cater to business people, and apparently very popular among airline crews! That's often a good sign...

All in all, one of the nicest business hotels in town, I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
PaulPeters, Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2010

Dear Guest,

My team and I here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel would like to let you know that we are proud and happy to take part of your comments.
We take great pride in keeping our standards high, both when it comes to the premises and our services, and it is absolutely great to hear that you found us, amongst other hotels in the city, to be your favorite hotel here in Stockholm. I believe that your review speaks for itself!

It is a definite must for you to visit us again and I hope you will return soon so we can take good care of you once again. Until we see you back we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

Excellent hotel, great location, good price, friendly staff, especially the DJ of the hotel who recommended us great`s restaurants and bars where we had lot`s of fun.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your warming words – good to hear your feedback and that everything was to your satisfaction. Also, great to hear that you enjoyed our DJ and had lots of fun while visiting Stockholm!
I wish you all the best and we would be more than happy to host you again.

Warm regards from all of us here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel!

Reviewed 28 October 2010

The hotel is quite in the city centre, few steps away from Gamla Stan and all the major sites in the city.
A very great place where to stay even though not so cheap.

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor. It is nice to hear that you like us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, and found the location and accommodation great! Should you have any further feedback for us - please feel free to contact me directly.

Warm welcome back and warm regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2010

During the weekend (Stockholm Open) we stayed 3 days at the Sheraton and booked the junior suite for a combined business / leisure trip. We were a bit earlier at checking in (12.30) but received directly a free suite at the 1st floor with view at the city hall and lake. A beautiful room with a separate salon. By asking we were tipped by the concierge at the possibility to take the same suite at the 5th floor at the left side of the building with stunning view at Stockholm. It was not ready yet but we could leave our luggage safely at a lobby room and visited Gamla Stan, which is in fact a 7 minute walk from the hotel. Returning two hours later from the old city the staff approached us by name and were informed that we had another room. Because we checked in earlier we got the key right away and the luggage was brought to the room seperate. Before leaving for a city dinner we sat down at the bar for a drink. It was busy but not overcrowded and a dj highlighted the modern marble fireplace lobby without getting the feeling that you are already in a club. Getting a drink depends on who is serving you because some of the staff were young and a bit inexperienced. The junior suite and king size bed can be recommended. You can upgrade the room to a superior if you would like but the junior is large enough with a seperate salon, 2 lcd's, bathroom. We didn't experienced any disturbing noise from the street or from the other hotel guest's. Breakfast is served in a separate room nearby the reception were we had to wait a few minutes for a free table. The queue is well managed by the staff and the breakfast was very good and part of the suite room price. Checking out at sunday did go very fast an we could leave the luggage as we had a flight in the early the evening. Later that day we ordered a taxi by the concierge. The Sheraton Stockholm is an excellent 5 star (no boutique) hotel. We had a pleasant stay in beautiful Stockholm and at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay here at the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel - great that you were able to upgrade your room to one of our fifth floor suites, and that you found it to be a great choice to do so. There is nothing more to add to it – thank you for taking the time.

Stockholm Open was a great event for us and we had such a good time together with our guests and the players. I personally very much like happenings like this tournament, so look out for many more events to come.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm regards and warm welcome back,

Reviewed 22 October 2010

I hesitated about booking this hotel after reading some of the reviews on this website - especially as it is not cheap to stay here. However, the extra $ spent on the hotel made my overall stay in Stockholm very comfortable.
Check in was very pleasant. Unfortunately I didn't get the name of the gentleman at check in but he was very friendly and polite which is valued. I found both check in and check out to be quick and swift. The stay was prepaid for through another website which may have helped.
Location is great. Very close to Central Station. I would recommend using the Arlanda Express for getting to and from Arlanda Airport. The hotel had a screen in the lobby with the train times which was very helpful.
The Friday/Saturday atmosphere in the restaurant/lobby was really lovely. Although I didn't stay for a drink at the bar, it was really lovely to see as I passed through.
I would love to return to Stockholm again soon as it is such a beautiful city. For my next stay I don't think I would consider another hotel. Very happy with the Sheraton! I have since become an SPG member and hopefully I will get to enjoy some benefits during my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank packedbags2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impression of us, the Sheraton Stockholm Hotel, here at the important TripAdvisor site. It is great to take part of your most appreciated feedback and it makes me very happy to read that we not only managed to meet your expectations, but also exceeded them! It is reactions like yours that we strive towards and our aim is always to make our precious guests feel comfortable and happy with the choice to stay with us.

We take a lot of pride in keeping a nice updated atmosphere in our restaurant and lobby area – so thank you very much for mentioning this. We hope we will have the honor to seeing you here with us again – maybe you will have the possibility to enjoy a refreshing drink in the 360 bar?

I simply conclude by wishing you warm welcome back as SPG member next time!

Warmly,

Reviewed 17 October 2010

We went to Stockholm in March 2010 for a short break, and I found this hotel on Expedia for about £60 a night, no breakfast included though. The hotel is minutes from the City centre, train station, and about 15 from the old town of Gamla Stan. The room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable, with all the mod-cons. Everyone spoke really good English and were very helpful, and use of the internet was free. The hotel also did a really cheap shuttle bus back to Arlanda Airport, think it cost about £12 for both of us. I was really pleased with the hotel except for the coast of meals - I went to Sweden with a clear understanding of how pricey it is, but in the hotel you were looking at £25 per person for just a continental breakfast. There's expensive, and then there's extortionate - I'd recommend that you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebeccag77

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and open feedback on your stay with us in March 2010.
It is good to hear that you in general had a great time, and appreciate the central location that our hotel has. It is always nice to find nice prices and we are happy to offer different price ranges to our guests, where also the choice of breakfast included or not is voluntarily. Our guests come to stay with us for many different reasons and expectations vary from time to time. We find that many of our guests prefer to book the room excluding breakfast, so we are happy that we can give the choice.

I hope you will have a chance to return to Stockholm and should you wish to stay with us again – you are more than welcome to do so. You can contact me directly and I will make sure we offer a price where breakfast is included.