“Excellent hotel for business in Stockholm”

ProfilHotels Hotel Riddargatan
Ranked #34 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel for business in Stockholm”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Stockholm because I make regular visits to our head office in the centre, and this is in our top 5 as far as comfort and location. The rooms are well presented, the beds always comfortable, and the TV offers a good selection of channels (I can usually pick up a live football game or something in English). The breakfast is of a very high quality and the staff are always friendly. I have often arrived quite late, due to flight times, but I've always found someone at reception welcoming and attentive. Whilst the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, the surrounding roads are teaming with them, from the cheapest (McDonalds) to the the more expensive.

The only thing that maybe lacks (on a business level) is that the hotels internet isn't particularly fast - so if want to watch Netflix or stream something then it isn't up to this. I've been to a number of other hotels where the service is better. But this isn't deal breaker - if you are on a business trip to the centre of Stockholm then this is great base for a number of days.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DannyRDavis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I am usualy quite easy going and not too demanding with hotels I go to when on business as I am never there, but this time exceeded all the bad experiences I've ever had, to the point that it is the first time I take the time to write a review about it!

1. My flight was late and arrived at the hotel at 00:30, the door was locked, waited 20 minutes in the cold before someone opened

2. When I booked I asked for a room close to the elevator, it could not have been furthur away.

3. Once in my room the heating did not work, january in stockholm! Froze all night

4. TV was not working, Wifi was free... But not working either!!! Impossible to connect. To the network.

5. Desk in the room was disgusting with glass marks from previous clients.

6. No room service before 17:00 + impossible to book a massage at the spa.

No ambiance, nothing exceptional at all about the hotel, rooms or bathrooms, but central to finacial area and some nice restaurants.

Will try not to have to come back!!!

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank jujurock88
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Very nice hotel in very good place. It is easy to reach the railway station by the bus. Too it is possible to reach Yurgorden's island by the bus.
Near hotel the museum of music and an army museum is located. Very interesting museums.
Our room in hotel was pleasant to us. A big modern room with modern design. A good shower with effect of a rain. Good toilet accessories. As a gift from hotel there were free soft drinks. The unique minus - in a bathroom it was cool.
In number there were bathrobes and slippers.
Breakfast very good. There were pancakes with the jam, a quite good choice of hot and cold dishes.
The price very accepted for Stockholm - about 150 euros per day for double room with a breakfast

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vesnyshka
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Let me start with the good..... great, helpful staff. Good rooms size-wise and breakfast was more than adequate. A word of warning re the position of some of the rooms however. My sister and her husband were in Room 314 on the 3rd floor and they had 2 sleepless nights because of noise from a bar/club further down the street. The hotel sits on the corner of two streets and they were in a room in the side street not Riddargatan itself. There are a lot of clubs in the area and there is street noise but at the side it is a lot noisier on certain nights. Can't give 5 stars because of this. Otherwise fine and staff tries to help but hotel was full because of a 10k run and a Gay Pride Rally so we couldn't change rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid room numbers after -10 which are on the side street.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed here 31 years ago on my first trip looking for lost cousins. Great location for walking to Stockholm sights and museums. Great breakfast. I am looking at the bill now. LOL! 385 Kr a night! I miss Stockholm!!! I miss Sweden! I miss Swedes!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 August 2012

restaurants and bars are literally on your doorstep ,free wifi,the staff were very helpful <all of them, specifically lina> (for excursion, reserving a taxi (5 persons :mini van 620 SEK to arlanda -more economic than i booked-), Breakfast buffet was good

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank anti-294
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I have stayed at the Hotel Riddargatan several times for business over the past few months.
The location is central, a 30 second walk to Ostermalmstorg underground station and fairly easy to walk from T-Centralen if you get the Arlanda express from the airport. The trendy restaurants and bars are literally on your doorstep along with the dramatic theatre and shops.
The hotel provides free sparkling water in your room and an umbrella to use when it rains - I have found this very useful as I only tend to pack bare essentials when travelling on business.
I have used the wifi in the hotel to hold video conferences on my computer, so it can be very good, although it really depends on the location of your room as sometimes I can't even watch a 30 second video on my ipad without 30 minutes of buffering!
I think they are slowly upgrading the rooms in the hotel and the superior suites are lovely, with large rooms and new bathrooms. However, some of the rooms aren't quite as up to date, particularly the bathrooms can look quite dated and the views not so good. Although I am quite happy with the cleanliness and aesthetics of the rooms for my needs.
Each room comes with a flat screen TV, DVD player with an exercise DVD and small hand weights! Although I haven't quite got into the exercise DVD, I sometimes bring my own DVDs to watch in the evening. They also provide a map of good running routes in the area, which is synonymous with the beautifully simple healthy lifestyles of the Swedes.
Until recently the hotel were replacing all of the doors on the rooms since the digital hotel keys had been cloned by somebody who was entering the rooms to steal belongings, but the staff were very helpful and they have made a big effort to improve the security.
One thing I haven't really done is eat at the hotel, they did not provide room service until very recently and I prefer not to eat breakfast, but there are so many cafes and restaurants in the area, it's no big deal. I also really like that they provide a 'grab and go' breakfast by the front door, so every now and again I grab a piece of fruit on my way to work (or sometimes a muffin if it's going to be a challenging day!).
In summary, I would gladly stay at this hotel again and the staff do a great job keeping it clean and always being welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: If you choose a superior room or sometimes a double room, you are likely to have a street view which...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business