“NOT exactly Stockholm!”

Ranked #102 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Vancouver, Canada
“NOT exactly Stockholm!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2007 for a week. It was ok, but the travel agency said it was in Stockholm, yet it is miles away! You have to get a train which is very fast and very good, but none the less it is miles away in an industrial estate/park!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Rob F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is 3 star so no frills.. Unattractive from outside and in an industrial estate but with nearby access (a short walk) to train or tram journey to Stockholm city centre...the staff are VERY helpful, the rooms were very clean with comfortable beds. Breakfast was what you would expect in a three star hotel. Free wifi throughout the hotel was a bonus....we paid about £70 per night compared with a Best Western in city centre which is at least £200 per night. We left the hotel in morning, and came back at night to sleep. Absolutely no complaints.....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret B
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed for two nights, came by car.

Parking space is directly in front of the hotel, and if you're lucky, you can catch a slot for your car. If not, this may happen: on the second night I came in, I had to take the car to the street above the hotel to a parking lot between Best Western and the Brunnby Hotel, as I was told to do so by the Best Western hotel staff. Upon getting there, the Brunnby Hotel owner came to tell I couldn't park there, so I took the car back down and went to talk with my hotel staff. Again they told me it was okay to park there, and that there had been quarrels between the Brunnby and Best Western management over each others' guests staying at both parking places. I didn't feel safe, leaving the car there but I had no choice. Luckily the car was intact and in place when I returned in the morning..

The hotel staff were friendly and professional, nothing bad to say about that. It seems the hotel had been renovated in 2010, but as its condition could be considered just "average", I can't imagine what condition it might have been previously. The room I got (from the northern end of the building) was clean and basic with TV, basic bathroom and two single beds, so the living and sleeping conditions were okay. But as it happens, the hotel is in the middle of an industrial district, there's quite a lot of noise emanating from the nearby highway, nearby factories (and their trucks) and a road construction site just next to the hotel. Had I not been so dead tired, I would have probably minded all the noise.. thankfully I was!

Breakfast was the ordinary continental fare with yogurt, cereal, toast, sausage and meatballs and scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs etc, a bit on the below-average side to be honest, but at least something to eat.

The location of the hotel was easy enough to get to and from, and was pretty centrally situated (in Årsta) in regard to the places I had to visit for business.

It's an okay hotel if all you need is bed and breakfast and getting some sleep, but not really a place that makes you want to go there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Lars R
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 October 2012

stayed here for a weekend in october, rooms were clean and staff very nice, we got a good deal as stockholm can be very expensive, good hotel if you don,t mind the trip into the city, it takes about 15 mins but no complaints about the hotel, we liked it

Room Tip: 4th floor was grand and quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnkavanagh88
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

I booked two nights to stay in this hotel for a mini-break to see friends. The hotel is only accessible via walking from the station or a 350SEK taxi. The hotel needs maintenance, cleaning and generally demolishing. The rooms are cold and dirty and student accommodation is better than this! I would not stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank John M

Travellers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

I recommend that you would better choose the other one than Best Western Hotel. I think that the Best Western Capital Hotel is poor quality in basic service, compared to the other three star hotel. I had been in the Stockholm for 10 days, because of world congress meeting and sightseeing. Previously, I had visited Rome for world congress and been in Re di Roma hotel, three star hotel. The staff of the hotel is very kind and the room is very clean. Also, the equipments of the room such as soap, shampoo, etc are perfect. When compared to that, the Best Western Capital Hotel is not clean and the equipments are not enough to stay. Above all, house keeping service is very poor quality. Although the cleaner had cleaned the room, the room, especially, bed, floor and bath room were too dirty.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank iam30yearsold
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

This hotel has very poor quality even in basic service. It was the worst hotel among those I had been in Europe.
You can stay if you want to clean the room by yourself.

The room was so dirty. I had 9 days in this hotel(because I already pre-paid in Internet, So I couldn't change my hotel). Everyday, Too many hairs was on the floor and on the bed! They didn't clean the bathroom! What the worse was the sludge was remain on the seet, when I came back to my room. First day, I had to clean the room for myself, second day I direct tell the waitress, third day, I had to change my room because It was not cleaned.

Second, the tragffic was so terrible. 20 minuite was needed by walk to the pendeltag station, the road was very uncomfortable. Bus stop was near the hotel, but waiting time was 20 miniutes. So time to central station or to any tour spot was need about one hour.

Third, the breakfast was not good. Same food was served in everyday and I had to clean the table by myself. But I had no expectation for food, so It was acceptable.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laura's-breakfast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockholm
Scandic Prince Philip
Ostermalm
Best Western Hotel Karlaplan
Best Western Hotel Karlaplan
#107 of 154 in Stockholm

Been to Best Western Capital Hotel? Share your experiences!