“Not to be missed!”

164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 263 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Awesome.My favourite museum in all of Stockholm. Free entry with the Stockholm city card. Plenty to see and do. Amazing art work, brilliant interactive media sections, digital fun, 3D interactive displays, educational films, the attention to detail and effort throughout is truly amazing. The cafe has the best coffee in Stockholm and overlooks the harbour. I really can't recommend this highly enough.

kuhjaeger
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What an absolute rip-off”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Do note, I am a Stockholm resident.

I am not one to ever post bad reviews online. Usually if I feel ripped off, I just deal with it. But this one had me angry at the amount of money spent 100kr a person. For my wife, mother-in-law and I to go, it was 45USD. If you go in through the obvious entrance, not the small staircase you are supposed to ascend, you enter through a collection of advertisements for Absolut. I have never liked paying to be advertized to. I get enough of that elsewhere in my life.

Going to the second area, there is loud music, simulating a club I suppose, but no actual exhibit. Then you end up last going through the actual exhibition about alcohol, which is about the size of my house, (not that big) and lots and lots of empty space, and some small things to look at and read. Basically, I got the feeling that someone held a party, and then cleaned up the party, but then wherever someone left a liquor bottle, they put some text near it.

The only amusing part of the museum was when my wife sniffed the fusil oil sample and almost vomit.

Seriously, there is so much more they could have done to make an actual museum. As it stands, it is just an art exhibition surrounding booze, with many vague, interpretive texts.

How about a big section on every Swede's favorite store, System bolaget. Have a reconstructed store from the beginning of the monopoly, and explain in starker terms how it came about.

Have a detailed exhibition about how alcohol is made, how the vikings (everyone who visits Sweden wants to know about the vikings) drank, how Swedes drank through the centuries in clear, detailed terms.

Oh, and the restaurant is expensive even by Stockholm standards.

Here is are more amusing thing to do with your 100kr than visit this museum:
Tear it up and throw it into the wind
Buy some actual alcohol, drink it.
Give it to a bum, so they can get some booze
Sneer at the Spritmuseum as you walk past on your way to the Vasa ship.

2 Thank kuhjaeger
Lincolnshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Update with modern art and loads of very good displays”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is now the spirit museum and takes you through a history of spirits and drinking in Sweden. The displays are modern feel and are very interesting and fun. The food in the museum is very good too. We just had deserts but these were top quality and better then the fayre in British museums.

Minneapolis
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Alcohol is fascinating”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

First, I enjoy a good drink and am interested in the history of alcohol. That actually hurt my experience at the museum. I thought there would be more history and more information. For those who are not as into deep history as I (most people), this is fascinating. The information is light, but it is interesting and presented in a very playful manner. The displays are genius (for that it deserves an excellent, but I can't get over my disappointment). Who ever put this together did a very nice job of keeping it light, interesting, and interactive. This is one of the most interactive museums that I have visited.

I would not pay for this museum, but, if you have a Stockholm Card and the subject interests you, then it's a worth stop while you are in the neighborhood for the Vasa Museum (it's a short five-minute walk).

The sample room was not open. This would have helped my experience.

Huddersfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 12 June 2010

The best attraction we went to. The man on the desk was very helpful. Its was an enjoyable way to spend a coupe of hours. You are given headsets that give a wireless audio commentary in English which is very informative.
Highly recomended