“Overrated crap”

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Overrated crap”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

In one sentence: Old, drunk (really drunk) people pretending/wishing/actually believing they're young.
It's like the Silja Line or Viking Line ferries, only on dry land. Please avoid.

8 Thank Mattias W

Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't go there”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Really on of the worse night clubs I visited. Really don't wan to see it again.

Visited January 2012
8 Thank Uffe S
Oswego, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If you like live music, check this place out”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I traveled to Stockholm in Dec of 09. I walked everywhere in Stockhom, Solderman and Gamlastan. If you want to experience a beautiful quaint historic area, go to Gamlastan. Out of everywhere I traveled in Stockhom I found the Engelen Pub to be the best place for live music. I ended up back there almost every night after not finding anywhere better. Don't let one persons bad review stop you from visiting one of the best live music venues in the Stockholm area.

4 Thank imdavey
New Haven,MT, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Stay away from this place !”
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I want to report regarding the place called "Engelen/Kolingen nightclub".

Staying in the heart of Stockholm in Gamla Stan (Old Town) island, after very esciting 2-days tours we (we are couple in 30's) decided to try stockholms nighlife entertainment, we were recommended to visit nightclub called Engelen, situated on the same island just a minite walk from islands main tourist pedestrian .

After visiting this place all good memories of Stockholm were definitely erased.

To start with, inside this place looked like couple of museums we have visited, - but also including facilities. I realized after a while that the place is most probabaly for 40+ people , probabaly therefore they liked to keep it in the way it is closer to the original. The live band that was promised was a lame coverband, however nevermind the "crowd" got wild listening them playing. This is mainly to the fact tht most of this "crowd" was deeply drunk , some of the "groupie girls" in their 50's were getting wild just near the stage as if it was real rock band.
You will certainly have problems with ordering drinks due to following reasons:
1. Primarily you have to make you way to the bar through drunk crowd packed in tiny space
2. Wait for another 30 minutes when the waiter will bother to notice you
3. Trying another several minutes to explain what do you want having heavy speaker in the background (don't even think about asking for the menu or how much it costs)
4. Get your way back, since the only way you can go through this crowd is to be drunk yourself , otherwise you will end up with empty glasses in your hands

Further it's got worse, - we went downstairs (using stair where you can easily fall and brake every single bone) - to the place that looked like a dungeon with tiny dancing space (that's why it's probabaly nightclus) that can accomodate max 10 people.
No fresh air what so ever certainly.
Compared to upstairs were main part of crowd were older men, the place downstars were preffered by drunk older females behaving wildly. I think one of them (very drunk) were trying to tell me something.
Around the dance place it stood like 10's of guys dressed like gangsters (looked arabic origin I think) were looking at the old women dancing, however also trying to get them to dance- they were really picky by holding them but they behaved themselves (probabaly there is some sort of security in the place we didn't know about). Surprisingly drunk old maids were wery resistant.
While I went to the restroom my wife said there were 4 or 5 of those guys who went stright to her saying something , probabaly asking her to dance. She had to retire to the lady's too.
On the other darker end of the dungeon there sat number of asian girls (looked like in the documentaries about thailand) - also drunk by the way.

After all we concluded that we are in some sort of Stockholms backdoor place and left immideately to enjoy fresh air, and good old Stockholm we have been siteseeing for the past two days.
If you happen to be in Stockholm - please stay away from this joint !!!!!

14 Thank BladeGlory