“Expected more”

Miss Clara by Nobis
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I'm really hesitant to write this review as I really wanted this hotel to be good. Maybe it is because I know how good their other hotel is that expectations were set high, but unfortunately this hotel did disappoint.

The good points: the building it's self is gorgeous and it's clear that they have spent considerably on the interior with numerous nice little touches throughout the communal areas; the location is good, you are walking distance from stureplan, sergels torg and most of downtown; free umbrellas which we much needed during our stay.

My gripes: mainly this boils down to the room. It was cramped to the point of inconvenience. Whilst I am not one to spend a lot of time In my hotel room the absence of a couple of basic necessities was critical. Firstly there is no chair in the room, just a cushion to sit on the window ledge cum dresser cum chest of draws. I'm 30 and active but found this really uncomfortable and frankly not acceptable to have no proper seating in a hotel of this cost and class. This extends further as there is also no desk. I had some work to do and spent a couple of hours sat on the window ledge which left me with a site back.

This same unit also acts as the storage and effectively with no room elsewhere for suitcases, we had to have 2 suitcases stuck on top of there reducing the sitting space! Not to mention the lack of storage to fully unpack two suitcases! There was two of us for a three night stay and we only had small cases, so I wouldn't like to be staying for any longer terms.

Other issues: window through from the bedroom to the toilet has just a thin semi transparent sheet to cover...i don't really want to see my mrs sat on the toilet as it kind of kills the romance but it was unescapable unless the person in the bathroom doesn't turn the light on in there! Really poorly thought out!

Finally on check in we were handed the room keys without any explanation on anything and I mean anything. Now I know it's a small point, but again at this class of hotel for the receptionist to just hand you the room key and leave you to it is pretty poor. They didn't even tell us where the elevator was and we ended walking round the wrong way in to the bar before finding it. I know it's only probably took us 30 seconds to find the elevator, but it was 5 seconds to say it and when arriving at 12 at night and your tired the little things make the difference.

It's such a shame as the property had such potential to be great and I really wanted to like it, but to me it is just not four star standard. Would I go back? Possibly if I was travelling solo, but even then only as a sixth or seventh choice and if it was markedly cheaper than other true 4 star alternatives

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C17YHL

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We loved our stay here. The staff was very friendly, the rooms are very clean and have a good bed. The food is very swedish and exquisite! Try the salmon!! For people who sleep with an open window, ask a room on the inside, the hotel is near a busy street. Although the window insulation is perfect when you leave it closed. Very good price quality. Good location, in the heart of the shopping district, we did everything by foot but there's a subway nearby.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The service was very good as they've upgraded on a simple request. The room was amazing, the bed very confortable, also the breakfast was various and fresh. The location is good near from the central station but a little bit far from the old town.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Miss Clara is without doubt one of the most beautiful and unique hotels I have stayed at. The beautiful building stands in all its glory on Sveavägen, which is full of life.

The location is perfect and as Stockholm is pretty small, you are close to everything.

The interior is just as beautiful and unique as the outside. You will be greeted by friendly receptionists, in a reception including iMacs and beautiful lamps.

The room is just as beautiful, with nice big windows that opens out onto Sveavägen. Here you can sit and enjoy a drink, read one of the good magazines (Acne Paper, Design Hotels' Direction etc.) that is in your room, or go online on the flat screen TV.

The bed is amazing and the materials are top quality. The bathroom is very beautiful too, and includes toiletries from the British designer, Orla Kiely. From the bath there is a clear view of the remaining part of the room.

Breakfast is served in a beautiful room with large open windows and with views over the busy street.
Here you can feast on delicious bread, Swedish specialties (cheese and cold cuts), croissants, cakes, yogurt, cereals, omelets, lamb sausages, fresh fruit, smoothies and juices. Freshly brewed coffee is served, and why not finish your breakfast with freshly made waffles with one of their homemade jams? The possibility is there anyway. The breakfast contains everything you can imagine and worth the money.

I am speechless and in love. In love with a certain Clara. A Miss Clara.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The location is superb right by the tube, oh well, despite we didn't use it as the hotel is so central that you are practically close to everything. You can walk to the old town, have a jog to the Djurgarden or just simply shop and drop (great shopping around). The Hotorshallen (old market) is like 5mins away on foot, where the Kajsas Fisk serves really good fish soup!

Breakfast is of good quality and I particularly like their variety of sugarless real fruit jams. Good match with the self make waffles.

Staff is young, energetic and professional. Like their outfit, not the conventional suit ones, but in chic checked shirt n pants. This enhances the friendliness and fashionable aura of this Design Hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We chose the hotel considering very positive opinions of others guests, position and the "city break offer" which was quite convenient.
Highly recommendable: brandnew design hotel, strategical location closed to the subway (two stops to Gamla Stan), excellent breakfast, nice room and very friendly staff.

1  Thank Stefimv
Morsi K, Chef at Miss Clara by Nobis, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this lovely review!

My team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon again.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,

Morsi Khaled
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed three nights in a small single at Miss Clara by Nobis in May during a visit to Stockholm. The hotel is located close to the city center and one quick subway stop from the central train station. Check-in/-out was quick and the staff were all friendly. The room (#503) faced the back of the building and noise (road and neighbors) were minimal. The bed was very comfortable and wifi was fast and reliable. The breakfast buffet comprised of the basics (fruits, yogurt, meats, cheese, eggs, juices, etc.) but was high quality.

As a new hotel, I think it has the potential to be a great option for anyone visiting Stockholm. However, there were a few minor (easily fixable) issues and preferences I'd like to see in a future visit. For example, without an articulating arm for the TV wall mount, it was impossible to watch television in bed. There was no in-room safe and no soap dish in the bathroom. Again, I believe these minor issues are easily remedied and would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Stockholm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this nice review.

Very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here at new Miss Clara and that you liked our location, service and breakfast, that is free from all refined sugar and flour.

Our small-singel rooms is our smallest room category, but should of course have a safe and soap dish. I am sorry we failed this time, be assure I will talk to my team about this.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Best from a sunny Stockholm,