“Excellent sushi experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Sho

Sushi Sho
Reserve with
Sushi Sho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 3,028 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$25 - US$34
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Oslo
“Excellent sushi experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Sushi Sho is a very small and cosy place; expect some waiting time -especially if you would like omakase dining, where you will sit around chef preparing whatever dishes he chooses.

Now, I was not so lucky to get space, so had to eat a set of varied nigiri. The guys running the place are using absolutely top-quality ingredients. Rice is prepared flawlessly and presentation - informal but impeccable.

This is an absolutely recommended place to experience sushi. I will be back and will take friends there.

Visited June 2014

Vilnius, Lithuania
“Authentic sushi in Stockholm... finally!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We're frequent guests of places like Maneki in Seattle and Echigo in Santa Monica and GO!55 in LA's Little Tokyo and Kappa and Saru in San Francisco, and when we moved to Stockholm last year, we tried a few sushi places and quickly gave up: if California rolls or farmed salmon nigiri is the choice of the locals, so be it, but we did not want to have any of it.

Then a few days ago, as I walked home from Arlanda Express, I passed a "hole in the wall" - a place with, perhaps, 12 seats, out of them 9 at the bar and 3 in the back. It looked like something I would pass in Tōkyō. The blackboard said: "omakase". We went in, and we were in for a treat!

If I knew about this sushi spot earlier, I'd take my dinners there every day of the week. You can have a SEK 255 omakase and it'll be good enough to make you happily jump and sing on the way home. If you know what sushi/zushi is really all about, and if you're looking for things like proper uni, or salmon roe with quail egg, or seared ebi, or ahi hand-roll, look no further. The owner and the chef serves the fish that's coming from certified places of origin, and it's all about the taste. In other words, if you normally go for places that have a sign saying NO ROLLS - that's the place for you.

One of the nights we stopped by, we were the only guests. The next night, there wasn't a single seat available. So hedge your bets, come early or call ahead. Even though I'll move to a new city in a few weeks, I sincerely hope that Sho is here to stay, so that whenever I come to Stockholm, I can have the real thing. The owners deserve the success of having a queue out in the street. Great food, proper design, nothing unnecessary. What a pleasure.

The only thing that I would improve? Getting some of the Japanese beer in, like Ehcigo, and of course the sake. It's hard to give up on that unfiltered companion.

• Visited June 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Simply the best in Scandinavia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

No words can do Sushi Sho justice. The best fish, the best service and the best prices around (including a 10% discount on take-away). I am fortunate to live just around the corner!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Matt G
Stockholm
“Seriously the best - and most exciting - sushi restaurant in Stockholm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant will serve you the freshest fish, with the best rice and the most pleasant service. It doesn't look very exciting upon first glance (a hole in the wall), but boy, can they make sushi! This is not your average hybrid sushi place that is too common in Stockholm, you now, the ones that have bulgogi, kimbap and sushi on the menu. No, this is Japanese, and Japanese only, and this is for real.

And, at Sushi Sho you get omakase, which to my knowledge is the only place in Stockholm that offers that to their customers.

We didn't have the omakase but the Barra sushi (it was too early for dinner for us - we'll have that next time) and it was excellent fish on excellent rice and the omelette was soft, savoury yet sweet. We were blown away by the freshness and the mild tempered service.

We will return, and I hope Sushi Sho will last in Stockholm. This is the sushi place to go to!

• Visited April 2014