“Expensive, smelly, violent security guys and idiot doormen !”
Review of Spybar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spybar
Ranked #34 of 34 Nightlife in Stockholm
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Some words to resume the night over there; rude doormen, expensive, crap music most of the night, overcrowded room this awful night finished and a security people dumb as hell injured my girl friend for no reason when she was going to the toilet. A sham full place in a great city ...

7  Thank DD D

Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Expensive, bad music and just men!
With other good choices in the zone I don't understand why some people still recomend this place. Maybe it's because is open till 5am.

4  Thank Soutaga
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We visited Stockholm last summer. After the dinner we wanted to spend some good time and enjoy few beers in Stockholm night life.

We didn’t know where to go, so we asked local taxi drivers and people passing by where we should go. We got few different opinions but some of them recommended Spy Bar. So we decided to go there.

We got there around midnight and there were some people in the line outside waiting. Everything looked fine.

When we entered inside, it was almost empty. So the line outside was fake… The place itself is pretty big, many rooms, so when it’s empty the atmosphere is missing. We ordered few beers and waited if the party would get going, but no. Some more people entered, but there just weren’t the right feeling.

The look of the bar is nothing special, big rooms, minimal decoration and no special style.
Disappointing night, next time we try to find something else.

1  Thank Mauri K
Reviewed 13 November 2011

i put together a Saturday night getaway for myself and 10 girlfriends at Spybar. My RSVP telephone conversation with Mae was cordial and professional and I appreciated that. We were comped for our cover charge, very nice. We got in at a fairly early hour (11PM), ordered drinks and a bottle of champagne, began a great groove on the dance floor and were having a blast. The DJ was doing a great job and the House beat stayed varied and fun, just right. Then it all went sour. As I was on the dance floor with my friends i saw 4 employees removing our coats/purses/etc from our lounge booth. I went over and asked what they were doing handling our stuff, and they told me that the table was "sold". Excuse me? We were sitting there, buying drinks and were good guests. What the? But despite my objections they actually EVICTED us from the booth and replaced us with another group! Then it got worse from there. Though the midnight crowd had a good groove of dancers and attitudes, the late crowd (1:30AM and beyond) was street hooker clothed 20 something girls in stillettos and drunk guys, the music became horribly deafening. The sex scene dancers, girls in glitter bikinis on tabletops, were gross too. What ever happened to the dancing scene, the happy groove for all ages in t-shirts and jeans and smiles all around? Ugh, Spybar was awful.

6  Thank WindyCityGirl
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Although I wasnt in Spybar, I have to comment on the doormen. I was in Stockholm for 4 nights in August 2010 and did plenty of review reading before I went. All I read was about doormen on an ego trip. Well my only experience with Spybar was when a group of us came up to the door on a Thursday night around 11pm. The place looked empty. We asked the doorman what was the story. He said they were open, but that no one usually comes until around 2am until 5am. We asked him for advice on where to go and he gave us plenty. No ego from him at all. Didnt get to see the inside of Spybar on my trip, so cant comment on that.