“Pleasant but basic”

Best Western Plus Time Hotel
Ranked #31 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

A nice hotel which was only 5 mins from the metro. Breakfast was varied, the rooms were clean and the staff were polite. Disappointed not to have any soap in the room and we had to ask for coffee making facilities. A pleasant hotel which is suitable for a budget stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Time Hotel

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The hotel is standard, clean. My only issue with it was and that's why I am giving a low rating; is that, on my arrival I was put in the twin room, although I booked double. I've asked to be moved to the double room and the receptionist suggested I pushed 2 beds together. When I asked if she could send someone to do that, she gave me a look as if I am asking her for too much, and later when I came to ask her of how to connect to WIFI the same receptionist told me to go back upstairs and find it in the manual on the desk.

Not very nice to feel unwelcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lelijos2000
RChibba, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Time Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest
I am really sorry for the problem this has caused you. For us, all our guest’s experiences are of great importance and I very much value your feedback to ensure we provide a better service in the future.
Once again, thank you for informing us and I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We, very much would like to welcome you back to us again so that we can give you our very best service.
If you have any further questions please let me know and please feel free to contact me anytime if there is anything I personally can do for you.
reshi.chibba@timehotel.se
managing director & owner

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at Best Western Plus Time Hotel two years ago and based on that positive experience, I stayed there again, when I had a meeting at the university this time. In general the hotel makes a very positive impression. The reception area and the bathrooms in the lobby are very clean; the people at the front desk are friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and the bed as comfy. I was on the 4th floor and - even though I am a light sleeper and normally need ear plugs when I sleep in hotels - it was so peaceful and quiet that I could sleep through the night without ear plugs and woke up refreshed the next morning. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. There is a very big selection, but more importantly, everything looks very fresh and clean. Every morning there is freshly sliced fruit, GOOD juices, and several sorts of fresh bread, a big assortment of cheeses and cold cuts (I even saw smoked salmon one morning), cereals, scrambled or boiled eggs and bacon, pastries etc. It is the best breakfast buffet that I can remember anywhere - including more expensive hotels - really good!
There is no restaurant in the hotel. But there is a good-sized supermarket next door, that has salads and sandwiches to go, as well as a deli section with a few tables.
My work took me to the university each day, and there was a bus stop just at the corner and only a 15 min. bus ride to the university, and in the other direction one can be in the city center in a few minutes. The bus stop for the bus to the airport is also nearby and from this hotel, and it is only a 30 min. trip. From this location, it is more convenient than taking the (significantly more expensive) Arlanda Express train. The next time I am in Stockholm I plan to stay at this hotel and I would recommend it to any of my friends.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor and even though it was right across from the elevator doors and I was worried...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MaryEE49
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over the new year period. It is bit further out from the main areas but quiet neighbourhood so was very peaceful. Rooms were lovely and modern and also very clean.Breakfast I found to be average and cold the times I had it. I had a lovely smoothie the first morning then they never did it again.

Hotel located Next to a supermarket and restaurants are a few mins walk away including Hard Rock Cafe. It took about 25 mins walk into the centre or metro was available about 5 mins away. The stops for the flybussarna (bus to and from the airport) was a couple of streets away.

Staff were all very helpful as we had to ask for directions a few times and they gave us a map to help aswell. The tea and coffee facilities for the rooms are kept behind reception so you have to ask for them when you get there.

Would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJWS1105
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Hotel is about 20 minutes from Stockholm central. There are multiple metro lines that will reach it. Odenplan is the closet stop to get off. But will require another 5-10 minute walk from the metro stop.

It's a very quite area at night but feels safe. Rooms are large, modern, and clean. Free Wifi and friendly staff. Breakfast was amazing, so delicious and good quality with lots of variety. Probably the best I’ve had in a while. There's not a lot in the area and things close early a night. There's a local BKing that's open late by the station. There’s a super market next door along with a Coop a couple of blocks away for cheap water and food. There's fresh fruit in the lobby for guests.

Definitely good value and not too far from central station. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
RChibba, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Time Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy that you enjoy your stays with us. This was a very positive review and a I really enjoyed reading it. Of course we always strive to show us from the best side and apparatly we have succeeded.
If you feel so please ask for me the next time you visit us. Would be nice jus to say hi.
Most welcome back
reshi.chibba@timehotel.se

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great value for money. The best: The excellent breakfast (one of the best of my travels). The worst: The nearest metro station is a bit far, but the hotel is close to the city center (about 2 km from the central station of Stockholm).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I really like this hotel. The architecture is definitely 1960's, but the rooms are big and the staff is pleasant. It is a good 10 minute walk to the subway/tube/metro stations, and there seems to be shortage of restaurants in the area.

Other reviewers have remarked on the breakfast buffet. It is much nicer than most. The buffet even caters to lctose free and gluten free needs.

We found a great rate for this hotel on line. So if you do not need to be in the center of Stockholm, this is a nice choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple