“perfect hotel”

Best Western Plus Time Hotel
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a lovely hotel, modern and clean. When we arrived we were very early and just wanted to leave our bags but there was a room available to check into. The lady at reception was very polite and said we had been upgraded to a superior room but I'm not so sure. There were no tea or coffee facilities but maybe this is not a swedish thing or there was no ironing board or safe. We had asked for a double bed but it was two single beds pushed together so it was a little awkward. The room over looked a basketball court so from very early there was the constant noise of banging basketballs on the court. It is a good 10 minutes walk from the tube station but it is beside a supermarket so this was great. Close to some nice restaurants too. As for the breakfast, it was amazing, all you could eat included a warm buffet. The breakfast alone is enough reason to say. If it wasn't such a distance to the tube station I would stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jolee246
RChibba, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Time Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest
I was so glad to read that you liked our hotel and especially our breakfast. I also gladly noticed that we gave you an upgrade without any extra cost. Our rooms overlooking the schoolyard have an advantage - they are very quite during night.
Most welcome back to enjoy our breakfast among others.
Reshi Chibba & staff
MADRID
Reviewed 10 April 2014

When you read the description of the hotel is does say it is centrally located. Well, it is not. Walking distance to what is considered center of town is 40 minutes at good pace, 2 young people. It is true that if you want, you can take the bus, but they should not state they are in the center of town, this info is misleading. The hotel overall is fine, new and modern, good breakfast and very comfy beds, right next to a supermarket in a very residential area. They missed out in giving us a good service at reception since every time we asked something they did not bother much at all, you felt as if you were bothering them, not nice.
Accommodation in Stockholm is not cheap in general, but I would try to look for an alternative hotel closer to the town center. The hotel is not cheap to make up for the distance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel. However, I am sorry that we did not give you our very best service. We have taken your information to heart and will do our very best to not fail again. Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you will visit our Beautiful city again.
Best Regards,
Reshi Chibba & staff
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

When you book a hotel you never know quite what you may get - however, on this occasion the choice was top notch - rooms were modern and clean and the breakfast was excellent with lots of choice! :-) Although out of the centre of Stockholm it was within walking distance and is on the bus and subway route making it easy to get anywhere - there is a supermarket directly under the hotel which is well stocked with everything you may need.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor at the end of the side street (not the main street) - therefore very...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My partner and I came to this hotel a couple of months ago, the service was fantastic and the staff were so lovely and friendly. Our room was a good size and was very clean, the only 'problem' was we had a very immediate view of kids playing basketball (very close to the window) but as we were not staying in the room that much it wasn't a problem.

Food was of high quality and the dining area was lovely with intimate booths. I were definitely recommend staying here if in Stockholm.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JosephAMThompson
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 March 2014

So we booked this hotel for a 4 day 3 nights trip in Stockholm during February. (Apparently a very cold time of year to go). But what with all the strange weather in America this winter, the knock on effect was a fairly reasonable winter in northern Europe. There was only a little bit of ice on the sea xD (yep that's normal).

So where to begin. The hotel itself was perfectly placed in Stockholm. Both me and my girlfriend enjoy a walk and soon discovered the walk to the old town AKA heart of Stockholm was only about 20 mins. With an awful lot to see and keep you occupied along the way. For the less active the local tube station is only 5 minutes down the road.

(I would recommend if you prefer this option, getting one of the blue metro cards, it made the whole experience so much easier and for a small fee gives you unlimited travel around Stockholm's buses tubes and the tram to Djurgarden).

The tube line that services the hotel runs straight through the centre of Stockholm and across to Sodermalm where if your looking for some fun, less well known bars and restaurants then this is the place to go. Including an absolutely mental Thai restaurant 'Koh Phangan' that will have you believing your in a beach resort. Complete with fake thunderstorms (Don't worry though you wont get rained on).

The hotel itself was clean, modern, friendly and very welcoming. The room we was given was a free upgrade because it was a quieter time of year. I feel this is, if anything a good representation of the customer service in this place. The staff where always keen to look after us. And would even help us with our negligible hold on the Swedish language while we enjoyed a late drink at the small bar.

The hotel also has a sauna/relaxation room that is available for guests to use in blocks of an hour a time. It was amazing. Complete with sofas, rugs, showers, about 500 towels and of course a sauna room with wooden benches and the customary little water bowl. Also like I said, its hired in blocks of an hour. So you have the whole thing to yourself. Lush!

And lastly and most importantly. The breakfast! Oh what a breakfast it was. Just an absolutely massive unlimited buffet and breakfast bar that will without a doubt cater to your every dietary requirements and whims. I would recommend making the most of this. Its open at reasonable times and will set up your day so perfectly. (Especially as Stockholm isn't the cheapest city to drink n dine. Id put it on par with Paris and slightly more expensive than London).

Anything else I should add? Ummm Oh yea, convenient supermarket literally next door for your midnight snacks. Its on a very very prominent coach courier route that travels to and from the airport. Again within 5 minute walk of the hotel. And with free wifi on the coach so you can get your google maps up to help you on your way. The coach was called 'Flygbussarner'. And again makes your trip so much easier.

Lastly if you intend to visit Stockholm in the winter. Despite popular belief there is so much to do and see. Places don't seem to close out of season and there will guaranteed be plenty to keep you entertained. The only thing that may be off limits would be the boat trips out into the archipelago. They don't really start running until March time. Due to aforementioned sea ice. Also in the winter it is likely to snow and indeed, be somewhat covered in snow. Always magical.

All in all, I would completely recommend this place to anyone. And the ONLY reason I'm not intending to go back is simply because next time I visit Stockholm I want to stay in the archipelago and go island hopping. (Sorry plus time).

Hope you all have a good trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Graeme B
RChibba, Ägare at Best Western Plus Time Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you very, very much for your detailed and accurate review. I couldn't have said it better myself! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our nice city.
Alot of our guests like our breakfastbuffet and we try hard to always keep it nice and fresh.
Most welcome back, and if so please ask for me.
reshi.@chibba@timehotel.se & staff
managing director & owner
Berkshire
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My partner booked our stay for my birthday treat. The whole experience was wonderful from booking in at Heathrow to arriving at Best Western Plus Time Hotel. The reception staff could not have been friendlier, they spoke perfect English and were very welcoming. I have never seen such a clean hotel. The lift was an experience to use, it is operated by using your room card. Our room was a superior room but I felt it was very basic. I expected to find tea/coffee making facilities in our room but you have to rent a kettle from downstairs, we are used to this facility in many other places we have stayed at much less cost!!! Breakfast was delicious, catered for every persons individual needs. It would have been nice to have had an evening meal in the restaurant rather than having to find restaurants elsewhere. There was a very basic bar menu. On my birthday my partner arranged for wine to be delivered to our room which was done so at the time he requested, thank you so much for doing this.

Room Tip: Lack of storage space in the room, no drawers for our smalls!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple