“Excellent hotel in a lovely residential neighborhhood in Stockholm”

Best Western Plus Time Hotel
Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
San Francisco, California
“Excellent hotel in a lovely residential neighborhhood in Stockholm”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Time Hotel for 8 nights last month, and I must say it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in on my travels. First off, I love the fact the hotel is in a residential neighborhood north of the city center. At the same time it's only a short 5 minute walk to the Odenplan Tunnelbana metro station, so in terms of accessibility by public transportation the hotel is in a great location for public transportation. I also felt the hotel fit, meshed very well, with its residential neighborhood surroundings - there's a small supermarket on the ground floor of the hotel, and it's right next to a school, and the neighborhood is full of charming, quaint apartment buildings. And I found a number of nice neighborhood restaurants to have dinner at, all with a strong local, neighborhood feel. I fell in love with the neighborhood, and I quickly felt I was part of the neighborhood, I felt right at home.

As for the hotel itself, it's absolutely excellent. My room was fairly large and very spacious, the decor of my room was very sleek and cozy at the same time, and my bathroom was quite large. The included breakfasts was outright delicious, and such a variety of food that was available. Safe to say I ate very well every morning! Overall the hotel was very spacious, clean and had an almost boutique-style hotel feel. And I found the staff to be very professional and helpful.

I know I'll return to Stockholm, Stockholm is one of the most beautiful cities I've had the pleasure to spend time in. And when I return to Stockholm I guarantee I'll stay at the Best Western Time Hotel once again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
RChibba, General Manager at Best Western Plus Time Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2011
Dear Guest
I was very glad to hear that you liked our hotel. Your nice review gives us the strength to continue our work to satisfy all our guests. Please let us know when you plan to visit us again and I will make sure we take good care of you again.
Yours sincerely,
Reshi Chibba
Managing Director & Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Everything very good: large and very clean room, brand new furniture, excellent rich breakfast. Note that metro is 10-minute-walk (as well specified in website) but fortunately buses are very near.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reshi, Ägare at Best Western Plus Time Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Dear Guest,
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate your positive comments about our rooms and breakfast. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.
Yours faithfully,
Reshi Chibba
Managing Director & Owner
Germany
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Stayed here for the second time for business trip and enjoyed it again.
Starts with professional check-in and helpful staff. Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. Missed a refrigerator - but otherwise there are ice-machines on the floors. There is a sports-ground at the courtyard. Sometimes it is a bit noisy but overall ok. Breakfast and staff really good. Free (slow) wifi.

Nice surrounding with pubs, cafés and public places. Nearest metro station (Odenplan) within a 10 minute walk. Supermarket in the ground-floor of the hotel (open till 22:00h, even on sundays).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 4 October 2010

This hotel offers a good price/performance ratio, especially compared to other hotels in the city. Of course this comes at a cost: the distance from the center is, how to say, relevant, even though with the bus you get to the city center in few minutes. But if you are the person who likes to go out and be in the center, then forget this hotel (and this hotel-category price, Stockholm is an expensive city). On the other hand, if you're on a budget, but still expect some basic quality, this could be the hotel for you. Breakfast ok, rooms ok, nothing special neither pro nor con.
After all, next time I'll come back to Stockholm (and I have to, both for the city itself and for those museums I didn't manage to visit ;-), this will be the first hotel I'll check for availability.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Graz, Österreich
Reviewed 30 September 2010

The hotel is very new and modern. The rooms are big and the furniture is very stylish. The hotel is not situated in the very centre of Stockholm but the connection with public transport is very good so it was no problem to get around. A bus station where one of the main bus lines is passing by is just around the corner. If you are planning to go back to the hotel during sightseeing it is not very practical.
The breakfast is great, nothing was missing. The staff was very friendly and even if the hotel was quite fully booked it was no problem to get a table or at least not to wait too long to be seated.
Internet is available at the reception and in the rooms too.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2010

A little out of town but reflected in the price, i booked online way in advance and got a reasonable rate compared withe rack rates. Good food, service, quite convenient if you don't mind a 10-15 min walk to city transport.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The hotel was fine, clean, etc. As far as value goes, can't really comment since we were in town at the same time as a large conference and we were lucky to even get a room. The issues I had are that the hotel is a little far from the center and about a 10 min walk to the metro station, and the reception is really quite useless in being able to help with anything of Stockholm. We asked several times for either bus routes that go to tourist attractions (one lady didn't know where or what the Ice Bar was), and restaurants...I found that disappointing as you would expect, especially given the location, for them to have more of an idea of transport to the center (other than the metro) and good places to eat within walking distance. Other than that, fine.
For those of you staying here - there is a restaurant called Haga Deli, a 2 min walk from here (that we found on our own), best Italian food I've had in a long time!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple