“Perfect if you have an early flight”
Review of Rest and Fly

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stockholm
Rest and Fly
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I had a really early flight and a long trip ahead. It was great to be able to sleep for a few hours and to be at the airport already when I woke up. It's not luxurious, but the place fills it's function. Rest and Fly, the name says it all. It was a bit too cold in the common shower room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I travel regularly through Arlanda airport and if overnighting usually use one of the off site hotels. I had seen Rest & Fly many times and imagined the rooms would be clinical and claustrophobic. I am glad I gave it a try this time!
It was great to walk right off the plane into the hotel - no shuttle bus required and this probably gained me an hour's extra sleep, pricewise it was about the same as one of the cheaper 3 star places off site.
My partner and I were expecting the atmosphere to be very budget and clinical but in fact the welcome was far from it. In true Swedish style the reception was lit by numerous tealights which made it feel very cosy. Impressed to find comfortable seating area in lobby & fruit/coffee etc available. The staff member was efficient and friendly. The room although small had good quality fixtures that you would not normally get in a budget option. We slept well although could hear the adjacent guests opening closing doors etc. I was worried the rooms were going to be hot & stuffy but in fact we found it very cold and put an extra sheet on in the night (there were plenty of spares).
The small downside is the toliets & showers were quite a way from the rooms at the front, it was a long tiptoe down the corridor for a toilet break in the night! However they were well equipped and clean.

Room Tip: If you are likely to pee during the night ask for a room near the toilets!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jen W
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Arrived early in the morning from New York. My train didn´t leave for eight hours so I had a wonderful sleep in a quiet room. People probably came and went during the time I was there but I didn´t hear a bling. Before leaving I hit the showers. I seemed to be all alone and never met anyone so it felt very private to shower. Otherwise it´s like a sports changingroom with no cubicles and a lack of possibility to be private. You can pay extra to have your bed set already on arrival. In that way you don´t have to undo the bed afterwords.

To summon the stay: It´s great if you want a good sleep and to be able to freshen up but there are no frills.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank sommarcatta
Reviewed 8 January 2011

When you travelled whole night, tired and unfrech, you expect from the reception staff that they said; Gof Morning, Welcome to Rest&Fly. We did get any kind comments, only thing that the young women with browm hair, said Visa does not work, go and get some money PLUS that she was fixing her hair ALL THE TIME!!!
WORST SERVICE EVER!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Piavaasa
Reviewed 5 August 2010

About the shower blocks. If you go a bit further away in the hallway there are private showers as well =) Me and my boyfriend have been there 2 times. It will be a third in a few months and we love it. We sleep like babys. Its really quit and smart to rent by the hour. Night rooms you get for the price of 745 SEK.
Have done a review already but couldn't update.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Rest and Fly would have been the perfect, 5 circle hotel if not for one glaring problem: Our room was HOT. I mean smokin hot. The kind of hot that you just cannot sleep in, even without sheets on. As the end of our stay neared, I asked the receptionist if this was a typical problem in the rooms (angling for a refund actually), but she replied that all of the rooms can get hot, so the problem was not unique to our room. Not only was it hot, but the room did not seem ventilated at all, so after our 4 hour stay, it felt like we were hot AND suffocating.

Great idea, reasonable prices, perfect location, but terrible sleep quality.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank acmueller
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Expensive! Boxlike room. Comfy bed. Worst by far were the communal wash facilities! No privacy when taking a shower or washing.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank tebejp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockholm
Hornstull & Langholmen
City Backpackers Hostel
#1 of 68 in Stockholm
Jumbo Stay
#13 of 68 in Stockholm

Been to Rest and Fly? Share your experiences!