“Really enjoyed my stay here.”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I stayed here twice in a week with my wife. The first stay our room was right next to the elevators, Spa and bathrooms so I went back to the desk and the lady was nice and sent me to a different room which was much nicer. I prefer modern hotels and this one was very modern, decor was great, especially the elevators/lifts that all had a different theme. The breakfast was great, it was extremely busy but the food made up for the hassle.

The location was great, we never needed a taxi, we walked around the city from the hotel and it was less than 5 minutes from the central station which was very convenient. They have a roof top pool that our first room overlooked and it seemed like a lot of fun. Sitting in the heated pool in the cool weather overlooking the weather.

The second time we stayed there in the week was even better. I had a few issues with my room the first time (nothing major) and when I told the hotel this they upgraded us for our second stay. We got a room with huge picture windows overlooking the park.

The internet was free and was really fast, the annoying thing was you have to enter like an 8 letter user ID and 8 digit code every time you logon to your computer to get internet access. One other annoying thing was as it was our honeymoon, we had a bottle of champagne delivered to the room by the company that organized our trip. We had some friends meet us at the hotel and took the bottle to the lobby to drink it with them. We were told by the bar staff that we couldn't drink it in the bar or lobby and had to drink it in our room. It was annoying, I explained that the champagne was actually bought from the hotel and we just wanted to drink it but again was told no. We had to go back up to our room and ended up drinking it (the 4 of us) in the hallway on the 9th floor.

If I went back to Stockholm I wouldn't even look anywhere else and would stay at the Clarion Sign Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear guest!

Thank you so much for this lovely review most welcome back!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Sign

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last week on a holiday.
The Pros:
- Good breakfast buffet with lots of choices
- Chic design
- Located very near to the Central Station, and Arlanda Airpot Express Terminal; within walking distance to Gamla Stan and the shopping area as well
The Cons:
- Expensive (but then again, this is not restricted to this hotel in Stockholm)
- It can very crowded during breakfast service, esp around 8AM
- The WIFI connection - you have to change username and password every day for every device that you own; can be kind of troublesome

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing us. I am glad to hear that you liked our brekfast buffet. Please look in the elevators for information regarding less busy hours.

Hope to see you soon again

Reviewed 23 September 2012

- Great location conveniently 5 mins away from the central train station connecting the city of Stockholm with the Arlanda airport (ARN)
- Modern fittings
- Pretty good breakfast buffet
- Warm and friendly staff
but....
- Flaky internet (for me was working 2 days out of 5, other times it was pretty unusable. Colleagues of mine staying in the same hotel have had the same connectivity issues, although on different days)
- Gym embedded into the hotel spa but not included in room rate (only discounted for hotel guests)
- Minimalistic and cheap-looking room furniture
- No safe deposit box in the room

Overall, I wouldn't choose the same hotel for a business trip again mainly due to the unreliability of internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time reviewing us. Happy to hear that you liked our location, staff, design and the breakfast. I hope you tried our omelettes. All our hotel guests can for free use the gym in the morning mon-fri at 0630-0900, I am sorry if we not have informed this properly. Some of the roomcategories do have a safetybox, we have extra to use in our luggageroom on the first floor. I do apologize for the internet I will check this with our external supplier.

Most welcome back and have a lovely day!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

The hotel itself is modern, nice and clean and the breakfast is fantastic. But if you use the valet parking service, which by the way is very convenient and at a reasonable price, make sure you're not in a hurry when you pick the car up! We had to wait more than half an hour and it can be a problem if you have an appointment.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thanks for your review. Great to hear that you liked our breakfast! It is a good start for the day.
I am sorry to hear that it took that long to get your car, that is not ok and I will follow this up with the Front Office Manager.

Most welcome back & have a good day

Reviewed 12 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for 3 days when we were in Stockholm for a Congress. Our room was a standart room with no view. After reading the reviews in TripAdvisor, I expected more. Unfortunately it was below my expectations. Maybe because the hotel was very crowded and they were not accostomed to host so many people, or maybe they used to make special arrangements in the rooms for the visitors like us who came for the convention and maybe paid less; I don't know but have to write my experience. First of all, the location is perfect; couple minutes walk from the central train and metro station, only 15-20 minutes walk from the old city and only two blocks away from the shopping street. The hotel is well-lighted, decorated in a minimalist design; but I found it 'too minimal' in some aspects. For example, for a hotel over 550 rooms, the reception area is too small and since there is no concierge and the reception also serves for it, sometimes you have to wait really long. The rooms are small but OK, the pillows are not comfortable at all (one huge oversized and one very small pillow, all very uncomfortable). The bathroom is also small, no bath tube, just a shower, and no bathroom amenities other than a liquid soap dispenser, hair conditioner and body lotion (only one small tube from each). Even no shower cab.The floor is all wood (no carpet etc- which is good for hygiene) but they have to put disposable slippers since not all visitors carry their own one. So you have to walk barefoot and your feet get dirty. The open wardrobe is so small that you can only hang couple shirts; that's it. They cleaned the room every day but I don't find it satisfactory. The bed cover was at exactly the same spot on the chair at exactly the same way I did put after the room was cleaned, meaning that they did not even touch it. There was small hole on the bed sheet when we arrived, after 3 days the same bed sheet was there with the same hole- a little bit larger this time. There is a heated pool and spa at the top floor with an entrance fee. I can understand that but you have to pay also for the gym which, in my opinion, should be free for hotel guests.The staff is kind and courteous.You have free wireless even in the rooms. The breakfast is also good but crowded. As a whole, very nice location but do not expect lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We arrived on a weekend when the hotel was obviously overbooked and although we had reservations we were made to wait for two hours without apology! When I finally decided to complain I was told that their computer system had crashed but another hotel staff admitted that they were expecting "500 Indians" that weekend (direct quotes, by the way).

The hotel is centrally located, the breakfast buffet was very good and the rooms were small but comfortable. Careful about booking a double room, specify if you want two single beds because you are most likely to get one double bed. Nice rooftop but is part of the spa and has a great view of the city. Overall it was a great hotel but unfortunately, the staff need to be oriented that they work in a service industry. To the female Front Office staff who made faces when a I complained about the delayed check-in? Unacceptable?!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MariaVictoria0918

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I am so sorry to hear what has happened, I do apologize and will follow this up with the Front Office Manager. Please give me your e-mail adress, my e-mail is chatrine.andersson@choice.se

I am glad to hear that liked our location, breakfast buffet and the great view. Today we have 558 doublerooms and about 200 of them are twins so pls let us know your when are making the reservation or when checking in what you prefer.

Have a good day,

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed for three nights on Choice Rewards points. Our room was small but very comfortable. The included breakfast buffet was superb. The location was very convenient for sight-seeing in Stockholm. Service was very good. One complaint: on weekdays, the fitness center was free for registered guests only for short periods in the morning & evening. At other times, even guests had to pay to use the fitness equipment.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelingman36
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear guest!

Thanks for reviewing us! I am glad to hear that liked our great breakfast buffet.

Hope to see you soon again,