“Good hotel”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #55 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a hotel to consider if you are looking for a modest priced hotel in Stockholm. The hotel is big, and somewhat understaffed in reception, often leading to need of waiting for service. However, staff is friendly and helpful when at last they have time to spare for you.

Breakfast is good and varied, but the big crowd looking for food makes you line up even here.

All in all a good hotel, but be prepared to line up for service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi

Thank you very much for reviewing us. I'm truly sorry to hear you had to stand in line for service.
We are at the moment looking at solutions how to make us more efficient.

I'm very glad you liked our varied breakfast och that the service was friendly.

If you have the time I would be very thankful if it would be possible for you to email me about your stay.

I hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest soon again

nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Write a ReviewReviews (3,769)

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Clarion Hotel Sign is located five minutes’ walk from the central station in Stockholm. The hotel is almost brand new and it shows; large lobby and spacious restaurant, four fast lifts each playing different types of music and well-equipped rooms.
The choice at breakfast was excellent. However, the hotel was extremely busy during the weekend, and it was difficult to find seating at breakfast. The dining area is clearly not equipped to handle a hotel full of guests. This is only a weekend problem; there was no competition for Monday morning breakfast.
Dining in the restaurant is a good experience. Food and service was excellent, and the price level acceptable. Remember to reserve a table, at least during weekends. The restaurant is very popular.
The spa on the top floor provides relaxation, but it is not free to guests. The small all-year outdoor pool is only suitable for a few strokes. However, it is nice and warm, even during winter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dinkytoys
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hi!

Thank you for your wonderful review of all of Clarion Signs facilities. I makes us very happy that you had such a nice stay with us. We hope you will be able to stay here soon again!

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 April 2014

All the services you need are there and flexible staff at the conferencing areas as well as reception, which are the departments mostly dealt with during my stay. Overall what you expect from a 4 star hotel but room to improve still.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw us. We try to improve the hotel as well as ourselves every day. If you have the time, you are most welcome to contact me via email. I would love to get feedback from you about your stay.

Thank you for your very kind comments about flexible and nice staff in the conference and reception, it is dearly appreciated.

I wish you a wonderful day, and hope to hear from you soon

nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

So impressed with the friendliness of all the staff and quality of service. Breakfast manager Tom N was incredible, greeting our big group by name and always helpful. Location near airport express is a bonus; funky design adds to the class

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Mr Hyde

Thank you for the wonderful reveiw about our friendly staff and location, it is greatly appreciated.

I'll make sure to forward your lovely comments about Tom in the breakfast. Thank you.

I wish you a great day and hope to see you again at the Clarion Sign soon

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed a few times at Clarion Sign and i just gets better! Checked in during easter and the staff at the front desk was charming. Went over to the bar and i really feels like a living room.
Love there restaurant Kitchen & Table! We always go for the sufr´n turf because its magical.
We also loved the room. The view, nice beds and clean. All i need.
Will be coming back, i hope soon!

Room Tip: Get a Superior room at the 10th floor. The view is wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi

Thank you for the lovely reveiw, it is most appreciated. It makes us very happy to hear you think Clarion Sign is getting better and better. We strive to improve ourselves as well as the hotel every day.

How wonderful of you to mention that our bar had the feel of a livingroom. That is exactly what we want our guests to feel while visiting the bar area.

I'll make sure to forward all of your praise to the staff on duty during easter in our restaurant who makes magical surf 'n turf, as well as to our charming front desk staff and housekeeping.

I hope we will have the honor to have you as a guest soon again. I wish you a wonderful day.

Best Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

If the hotel was half price it would be ok, but in this price range and for a 'four' star hotel it is a NO NO! Sour faced, unhappy, careless front desk staff, long ques to check in/out, very small, noisy, crowded lobby, apartment view from the room, crowded breakfasts hard to find a table... it is a busy and stressful hotel.. I dont recommend especially if you are there for a vacation. We didnt change it not to bother finding another hotel and ruin our time.. but I would have very much preferred to stay in a comfortable, cozy, relaxed 3 star hotel. The only positive things are that it is clean and in centre. Good to check booking.com comments too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cansu O
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to give us this very important feedback.

What you experienced is not typical of our standard of service and we are sincerely sorry. I have forwarded your review to our Front desk Manager.
We take your feedback very seriously. Your experience with the service during your stay will be taken action upon.

We are at the moment looking at solutions how to work more efficient in the breakfast area as well as the front desk.

I truly hope there is something I can do to make you want to return to us in the future.

I would be most grateful if it would be possible for you to contact me about your experience via email. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Hope to hear from you and wish you a wonderful day.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great location. Rooms are a little bit small but we survived. No safe in the room we were in so you can't leave valuables behind. Near the metro and most of the city attractions. Reception staff was efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, it is greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry for you not having a safe in your room. If we would have the honor to have you as a guest again, I would like to help you to get a room with a safe.

You are most welcome to contact me at nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about our efficient and friendly front desk staff.

I wish you a wonderful day

Warm regards