“Service minded urban business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #33 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Moss, Norway
“Service minded urban business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The atmosphere was fantastic and also the beds. Breakfast was to busy and the personell coul be better in filing up when empty trays. Very nice roof top bar to use in warm summer nights but could be open a bit longer (closes at 11pm).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

1 Thank Erik K
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Erik

Thank you very much for your lovely review. And thank you for the feedback about the breakfast. We will have a good look into how to work more efficient when the breakfast is busy.

I hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future to you.

I wish you a wonderful day.

nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed one night at the Sign as part of a pre-cruise program and were very pleased with the service, our room and the buffet breakfast. As the restaurant was closed for the mid-summer holiday the evening we were there, I can't comment on some of the negative restaurant comments on some of the other postings. The breakfast buffet was outstanding, the tables cleared by the staff quickly, and registration was smooth and fast. Didn't seem to be the same hotel others had knocked. The only negative was a problem we and others had connecting with the hotel's wifi. Otherwise would stay there again.

1 Thank RHM-64
Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. It makes us all very happy to learn you had a good experience at Clarion Sign.

Thank you for your heart warming words about the service and our breakfast. I'm very glad you would like to stay with us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you if you return to Stockholm.

Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend, celebrating our 13th anniversary so we decided to get a suite. The room was very nice and the service was excellent. The breakfast in bed was absolutely worth paying for, even though the breakfastbuffé is also nice.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Christine

Congratulations to your 13th anniversary!
I am very glad you had such a good experience at the Clarion Sign on your special day.

I do agree, it is a real treat to order breakfast in bed. I do hope you will stay with us soon again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to celebrate your 14th anniversary at Sign, I would love to help you to make it extra special for you.

Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Cleaning generally poor
Organization unfortunate breakfast. Tables without collecting uncleaned. Filthy floor. There were no free tables at breakfast time or you were very dirty.
Roaster pan ridiculous for so many people.

Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

2 Thank Jose M
Dear Jose

Words can not express how truly sorry I am for us not living up to expectation. This is of course not our standard. I would very much like to be in contact with you and give you a proper apology.

I would be most thankful if you have the time to email me to nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Again I am very sorry for your experience. I do hope to hear from you soon.

I wish you a wonderful day

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a hip hotel with a real buzz about in the bar area from the early evening. Food was good, and the internet dining table was a great idea, but service let the hotel down badly. Slow in the restaurnat/bar, slow at check in and reception, took ages to get through to the recption over the phone (and had an annoying habit of dropping the call after 30 seconds) and as I have already conveyed to the manager, the rooms are minimalist hip, but so minimal that they really must do something about the irons and ironing boards.

Room Tip: Take your own iron and ironing board!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank simonske35
Hello

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry that you had to wait for service. I'm also so sorry for the problem with the phone during your stay with us.
We are very grateful for you pointing out what we could have done better. We value your feedback highly.
I understand you have already spoken to a manager. But if you would like you are much welcome to contact me and I would love to email a personal thank you and give you a more detailed answer about our improvements we have made since you stayed with us. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about the food and the bar area, it is dearly appreciated.

I do hope to hear from you soon. I wish you a wonderful day

Karlskrona, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel is very nice located 250 m from Arlanda express in central station and close to tourist attractions. But honestly it was first time that I saw such huge difference in crew at reception. The ladies at reception are very helpful, kind and do all their best to help you. But OMG of the boys. At checkin the guy skipped welcome and directly jumped to payment, and shortly just gave the key and few sentence of breakfast time. Fine. But the day of checkout, the other guy asked me if I booked and paid with the same card and I didn't remember , when I was thinking" Mmm I hope so", he rudely repeated back : "you hope so?" !! Honestly, I never saw such a rude behavior in any hotel and I am afraid I never select clarion if they can not chose professional staff with respect. Oh forgot to tell that at breakfast the waiter took my plate in front of me without asking me if I finished( food still in plate) so I have to tell him I haven't finished yet. So don't sit and relax while you're having breakfast cause they are in hurry!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lilly_ka09
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Lilly

Words can not express how sorry I am for the experience you had upon your stay. I have contacted both our front office manager and breakfast manager about this, so they can take

I would be most thankful to be in contact with you about this, I would very much like to giva a personal apology to you and your family. If you have the time I would be much grateful if you please would consider to email me: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your kind words about our clean rooms and good location.

I truly hope to hear from you soon

Carnforth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived early but got into a room. It was the pokiest on our two week trip around Scandinavia, no reading lamps, no safe. View of a roof top and backs of apartments. Rooms poorly services - no towels on arrival, we had to keep asking for toiletries.

Walking from the station the ramp is at the far end of the hotel - clearly coach parties are priority over travellers from the station !

Reception staff were helpful, weather forecasts for the Mid summer festival proved accurate, as was good advice about where to celebrate.

Breakfast buffet good, the American theme bar made a pleasant area to eat in. Black toilet paper in the bar loo made a change but we don't think it will catch on !

Room Tip: Front and higher the better
1 Thank amy000
Dear Amy

Thank you for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am truly sorry for us not living up to expectation during your stay.
Thank you very much for pointing out for us what we could have done better. We appreciate it dearly, it helps us to take action and improve ourselves.

I'm very glad that you liked our breakfast and the food in the bar. Thank you for your kind words about the reception staff, I will make sure to pass them on to the staff.

I you would like you are much welcome to contact me about your stay. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

I wish you a wonderful day