“Good for Marathon” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Vancouver, Canada
“Good for Marathon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for marathon in May 2014. Was a great location with outdoor patios nearby for good food and drink in the sun! Hotel was fine, although coffee was not replaced and had trouble getting matts and towels for the bathroom! Breakfast was nice but SO busy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

I'm very sorry for the issues with the coffee and towels upon your stay. I have contacted the responsible manager about it, so we can do our best to prevent this in the future.
Thank you again for helping us to improve ourselves. We all appreciate it dearly.

I'm very glad you thought that the breakfast was nice and that you liked the location of Clarion Sign.
I do hope you will want to stay with us again, if so I would be most happy to hear from you via email: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se so
You are of course also welcome to contact me about anything and anytime you would like to.

I wish you a wonderful day

Nadia Fagerdin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lahti, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Easy to reach from airport, heated outdoor pool and great location and breakfast are the PLUSes for this hotel. Room furnishing was too simple for our taste, we missed wardrobes and drawers as we stayed a little longer. Bathroom was not very intimate because of just a thin glass door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear Sigfrid

Thank you so much for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry we did not live up to some of the expectations.
If you would consider to stay with us again I would be most grateful to be in contact with you and would love to assist you with a room who has a wooden door to the bathroom and help you out with better storage for the clothes.

It makes me very happy to learn that you liked our Spa, breakfast and the location of Sign. Thank you for the kind review on this.

I truly hope to be in contact with you. I hope you are well and wish you a wonderful day.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My Partner and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel Sign as part of the Fjord Norway, Stockholm & Helsinki tour arranged through Authentic Scandinavia.

Pros: Modern, design oriented hotel with a fresh feel. As it is new there was no feeling of wear/tiredness to the decor. The bathroom in our room was small but tidy and well laid out. The room was well cleaned and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was OK. Staff were all polite and service largely efficient. Quite well situated, fairly close to the Central Station on a nice green square, close, but not too close, to the shopping centre.

Cons: Small, cramped room (ours, unfortunately was at the rear of the hotel and above a loading area) and limited amenities (no tea/coffee, no safe - although you can use a hotel safe provided at reception - small ironing board). Very heavy doors(!). Somewhat cramped layout at reception. Some of the "concept" of the design fell flat for me (each lift labelled after a different type of music: "pop", "jazz" etc. and playing that music all the time), and made it feel I was in a Hard Rock Cafe or something, but this is a minor gripe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eagull
Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of us.

I am truly sorry that we could not live up to your expectations in some areas. We are very grateful for receiving your feedback about what we can do better. In fact we have already improved ourselves in some areas of the feedback you gave us.

If you would like I would love to give you a more detailed answer about our improvements, but also apologize for the inconvenience it might have caused you. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your lovely words about the service and cleanliness of the room and hotel. I'm also very glad you felt that the location is good, close but not to close to the shopping streets. I must say that I agree with you.

I do hope to be in contact with you. I wish you a wonderful day

Malmo, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Beware of this hotel. First of all it is an expensive hotel. Once you arrive to the check in counter you will be already dispointed because the crowdy lounge does not make it feel exclusive at all. The check in queue resembles security counter on an airport more than check in to an expensive hotel.

Interior is typical boring cold Swedish style.

Breakfast was a horror experience. Huge breakfast room over crowded with rude Swedish people showing up in clothes that fit for garden work but not in for wearing in public.Avoid this hotel!

Interior

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Marianne0809
Dear Marianne

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Words can not express how truly sorry I am that we did not live up to expectation.
Your feedback is very important to us. It helps us to improve ourselves. I would very much like to be in contact with you about your experience with us. If you have the time, I would be most thankful if you would like to email me. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

I would like to give you a more extensive apology. I do hear hope to hear from you soon

I wish you a wonderful day

Moss, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The atmosphere was fantastic and also the beds. Breakfast was to busy and the personell coul be better in filing up when empty trays. Very nice roof top bar to use in warm summer nights but could be open a bit longer (closes at 11pm).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

1 Thank Erik K
Dear Erik

Thank you very much for your lovely review. And thank you for the feedback about the breakfast. We will have a good look into how to work more efficient when the breakfast is busy.

I hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future to you.

I wish you a wonderful day.

Newbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed one night at the Sign as part of a pre-cruise program and were very pleased with the service, our room and the buffet breakfast. As the restaurant was closed for the mid-summer holiday the evening we were there, I can't comment on some of the negative restaurant comments on some of the other postings. The breakfast buffet was outstanding, the tables cleared by the staff quickly, and registration was smooth and fast. Didn't seem to be the same hotel others had knocked. The only negative was a problem we and others had connecting with the hotel's wifi. Otherwise would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RHM-64
Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor. It makes us all very happy to learn you had a good experience at Clarion Sign.

Thank you for your heart warming words about the service and our breakfast. I'm very glad you would like to stay with us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you if you return to Stockholm.

Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend, celebrating our 13th anniversary so we decided to get a suite. The room was very nice and the service was excellent. The breakfast in bed was absolutely worth paying for, even though the breakfastbuffé is also nice.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Christine

Congratulations to your 13th anniversary!
I am very glad you had such a good experience at the Clarion Sign on your special day.

I do agree, it is a real treat to order breakfast in bed. I do hope you will stay with us soon again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to celebrate your 14th anniversary at Sign, I would love to help you to make it extra special for you.