“Good hotel with lack of service culture”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #34 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
“Good hotel with lack of service culture”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Will I be back? Maybe...

Let me be clear, the facilities of the hotel are great and the design furnitures allover makes a good impression. However, on the downside, the hotel has a good way to go on the service delivered. The attitude is okay and YES oriented, but then they tend to forget to deliver whatever promised unless you remind them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Martin

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. And thank you for your kind words about the hotel.
I am truly sorry to learn that we could have done a better job in some areas. I can promise you that we will have a good look into how to improve ourselves and our routines. I do hope you would like to return to us in the future.
If you have the time I would be much grateful to be in contact with you about your stay.

I hope to hear from you. I wish you a wonderful day.

nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Reception gave warm welcome we were very early we were given offer of superior room for a slight charge were so pleased! Clean well planned room, fab spa area great lifts music kids loved it! Buzz in hotel but not noisy. Well organised. Would highly recomend a stay. Will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Jennifer

How lovely that you had such a wonderful experience here at Clarion Sign. It makes us all very happy to learn that you will return to us in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assitance upon your next stay.

Hope you are well, please give my warmest regards to your family.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for marathon in May 2014. Was a great location with outdoor patios nearby for good food and drink in the sun! Hotel was fine, although coffee was not replaced and had trouble getting matts and towels for the bathroom! Breakfast was nice but SO busy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

I'm very sorry for the issues with the coffee and towels upon your stay. I have contacted the responsible manager about it, so we can do our best to prevent this in the future.
Thank you again for helping us to improve ourselves. We all appreciate it dearly.

I'm very glad you thought that the breakfast was nice and that you liked the location of Clarion Sign.
I do hope you will want to stay with us again, if so I would be most happy to hear from you via email: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se so
You are of course also welcome to contact me about anything and anytime you would like to.

I wish you a wonderful day

Lahti, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Easy to reach from airport, heated outdoor pool and great location and breakfast are the PLUSes for this hotel. Room furnishing was too simple for our taste, we missed wardrobes and drawers as we stayed a little longer. Bathroom was not very intimate because of just a thin glass door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sigfrid

Thank you so much for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry we did not live up to some of the expectations.
If you would consider to stay with us again I would be most grateful to be in contact with you and would love to assist you with a room who has a wooden door to the bathroom and help you out with better storage for the clothes.

It makes me very happy to learn that you liked our Spa, breakfast and the location of Sign. Thank you for the kind review on this.

I truly hope to be in contact with you. I hope you are well and wish you a wonderful day.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My Partner and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel Sign as part of the Fjord Norway, Stockholm & Helsinki tour arranged through Authentic Scandinavia.

Pros: Modern, design oriented hotel with a fresh feel. As it is new there was no feeling of wear/tiredness to the decor. The bathroom in our room was small but tidy and well laid out. The room was well cleaned and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was OK. Staff were all polite and service largely efficient. Quite well situated, fairly close to the Central Station on a nice green square, close, but not too close, to the shopping centre.

Cons: Small, cramped room (ours, unfortunately was at the rear of the hotel and above a loading area) and limited amenities (no tea/coffee, no safe - although you can use a hotel safe provided at reception - small ironing board). Very heavy doors(!). Somewhat cramped layout at reception. Some of the "concept" of the design fell flat for me (each lift labelled after a different type of music: "pop", "jazz" etc. and playing that music all the time), and made it feel I was in a Hard Rock Cafe or something, but this is a minor gripe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eagull
Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of us.

I am truly sorry that we could not live up to your expectations in some areas. We are very grateful for receiving your feedback about what we can do better. In fact we have already improved ourselves in some areas of the feedback you gave us.

If you would like I would love to give you a more detailed answer about our improvements, but also apologize for the inconvenience it might have caused you. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your lovely words about the service and cleanliness of the room and hotel. I'm also very glad you felt that the location is good, close but not to close to the shopping streets. I must say that I agree with you.

I do hope to be in contact with you. I wish you a wonderful day

Malmo, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Beware of this hotel. First of all it is an expensive hotel. Once you arrive to the check in counter you will be already dispointed because the crowdy lounge does not make it feel exclusive at all. The check in queue resembles security counter on an airport more than check in to an expensive hotel.

Interior is typical boring cold Swedish style.

Breakfast was a horror experience. Huge breakfast room over crowded with rude Swedish people showing up in clothes that fit for garden work but not in for wearing in public.Avoid this hotel!

Interior

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Marianne0809
Dear Marianne

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Words can not express how truly sorry I am that we did not live up to expectation.
Your feedback is very important to us. It helps us to improve ourselves. I would very much like to be in contact with you about your experience with us. If you have the time, I would be most thankful if you would like to email me. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

I would like to give you a more extensive apology. I do hear hope to hear from you soon

I wish you a wonderful day

Moss, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The atmosphere was fantastic and also the beds. Breakfast was to busy and the personell coul be better in filing up when empty trays. Very nice roof top bar to use in warm summer nights but could be open a bit longer (closes at 11pm).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Erik K
Dear Erik

Thank you very much for your lovely review. And thank you for the feedback about the breakfast. We will have a good look into how to work more efficient when the breakfast is busy.

I hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance in the future to you.

I wish you a wonderful day.