“Good hotel with lack of service culture”
Review of Clarion Hotel Sign

Clarion Hotel Sign
Ranked #50 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good hotel with lack of service culture”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Will I be back? Maybe...

Let me be clear, the facilities of the hotel are great and the Danish design furniture allover makes a good impression. I love that! However, I have a problem with the service provided. Not that the staff is not trying or not smiling, but it just seems that they are not trained well enough or have inappropriate standards. Let me give you some examples:

1) I order some extra towels as my wife came on visit, they forgot.
2) I booked late checkout at 6 PM, but they only coded our key room cards to 12 AM.
3) At checkout we forgot a cable in the room and call the reception the same evening, but they just asked me to call back the next day iso taking my name and promise to call me back.
4) In the restaurant (which actually has a nice kitchen) they waiter forgot us after we received the bill.

It’s all just small things, but these kind of services matter when you have +50 nights in hotels á year. Though I was not fully satisfied, I must admit that I usually love staying at Clarion and Quality hotels!

Room Tip: - Choose a room fronting the street/plaza, which offers a nice view. - Try the spa or at spa least...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Bakkebo

Thank you for giving us such a good review how to improve ourselves. We value your feedback very highly. I am truly sorry we did not live up to expectation during your stay. I have contacted the managers of the departments concerned and given them your feedback.

Did you recive the cable back?

Thank you again, your review truly helps us to improve ourselves. If you have the time I would be most grateful to be in contact with you about your stay. And if you would like, also keep you updated on how we have improved ourselves.

It makes me very glad to learn you love Clarion and Quality hotels.

Hope to hear from you. I wish you a lovely day

nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Will I be back? Maybe...

Let me be clear, the facilities of the hotel are great and the design furnitures allover makes a good impression. However, on the downside, the hotel has a good way to go on the service delivered. The attitude is okay and YES oriented, but then they tend to forget to deliver whatever promised unless you remind them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear Martin

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. And thank you for your kind words about the hotel.
I am truly sorry to learn that we could have done a better job in some areas. I can promise you that we will have a good look into how to improve ourselves and our routines. I do hope you would like to return to us in the future.
If you have the time I would be much grateful to be in contact with you about your stay.

I hope to hear from you. I wish you a wonderful day.

Gothenburg
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Reception gave warm welcome we were very early we were given offer of superior room for a slight charge were so pleased! Clean well planned room, fab spa area great lifts music kids loved it! Buzz in hotel but not noisy. Well organised. Would highly recomend a stay. Will be back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Jennifer

How lovely that you had such a wonderful experience here at Clarion Sign. It makes us all very happy to learn that you will return to us in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any assitance upon your next stay.

Hope you are well, please give my warmest regards to your family.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here for marathon in May 2014. Was a great location with outdoor patios nearby for good food and drink in the sun! Hotel was fine, although coffee was not replaced and had trouble getting matts and towels for the bathroom! Breakfast was nice but SO busy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

I'm very sorry for the issues with the coffee and towels upon your stay. I have contacted the responsible manager about it, so we can do our best to prevent this in the future.
Thank you again for helping us to improve ourselves. We all appreciate it dearly.

I'm very glad you thought that the breakfast was nice and that you liked the location of Clarion Sign.
I do hope you will want to stay with us again, if so I would be most happy to hear from you via email: nadia.fagerdin@choice.se so
You are of course also welcome to contact me about anything and anytime you would like to.

I wish you a wonderful day

Lahti, Finland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Easy to reach from airport, heated outdoor pool and great location and breakfast are the PLUSes for this hotel. Room furnishing was too simple for our taste, we missed wardrobes and drawers as we stayed a little longer. Bathroom was not very intimate because of just a thin glass door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Dear Sigfrid

Thank you so much for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry we did not live up to some of the expectations.
If you would consider to stay with us again I would be most grateful to be in contact with you and would love to assist you with a room who has a wooden door to the bathroom and help you out with better storage for the clothes.

It makes me very happy to learn that you liked our Spa, breakfast and the location of Sign. Thank you for the kind review on this.

I truly hope to be in contact with you. I hope you are well and wish you a wonderful day.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My Partner and I stayed at the Clarion Hotel Sign as part of the Fjord Norway, Stockholm & Helsinki tour arranged through Authentic Scandinavia.

Pros: Modern, design oriented hotel with a fresh feel. As it is new there was no feeling of wear/tiredness to the decor. The bathroom in our room was small but tidy and well laid out. The room was well cleaned and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was OK. Staff were all polite and service largely efficient. Quite well situated, fairly close to the Central Station on a nice green square, close, but not too close, to the shopping centre.

Cons: Small, cramped room (ours, unfortunately was at the rear of the hotel and above a loading area) and limited amenities (no tea/coffee, no safe - although you can use a hotel safe provided at reception - small ironing board). Very heavy doors(!). Somewhat cramped layout at reception. Some of the "concept" of the design fell flat for me (each lift labelled after a different type of music: "pop", "jazz" etc. and playing that music all the time), and made it feel I was in a Hard Rock Cafe or something, but this is a minor gripe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eagull
Hi

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of us.

I am truly sorry that we could not live up to your expectations in some areas. We are very grateful for receiving your feedback about what we can do better. In fact we have already improved ourselves in some areas of the feedback you gave us.

If you would like I would love to give you a more detailed answer about our improvements, but also apologize for the inconvenience it might have caused you. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Thank you for your lovely words about the service and cleanliness of the room and hotel. I'm also very glad you felt that the location is good, close but not to close to the shopping streets. I must say that I agree with you.

I do hope to be in contact with you. I wish you a wonderful day

Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Beware of this hotel. First of all it is an expensive hotel. Once you arrive to the check in counter you will be already dispointed because the crowdy lounge does not make it feel exclusive at all. The check in queue resembles security counter on an airport more than check in to an expensive hotel.

Interior is typical boring cold Swedish style.

Breakfast was a horror experience. Huge breakfast room over crowded with rude Swedish people showing up in clothes that fit for garden work but not in for wearing in public.Avoid this hotel!

Interior

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Marianne0809
Dear Marianne

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Words can not express how truly sorry I am that we did not live up to expectation.
Your feedback is very important to us. It helps us to improve ourselves. I would very much like to be in contact with you about your experience with us. If you have the time, I would be most thankful if you would like to email me. nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

I would like to give you a more extensive apology. I do hear hope to hear from you soon

I wish you a wonderful day