“Perfect location!”

Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Malmo, Sweden
“Perfect location!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Outdoor swimming pool on the roof, nice bar that attract " Stockholmers" on weekend evenings.
Nice rooms and indoor parking.
Walking distance to mid centre of the town.

Ps short walk to Vasastan and city centre

Room Tip: As high up as you can. And make use of the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Hi

Thank you for your very nice review and for taking the time to share it here on Tripadvisor.
I'm very glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I must say that I think your tip to visit the spa is a good one.

I hope we will have you as our guest soon again. I wish you a wonderful day

Warm regrads
nadia.fagerdin@choice.se

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and have largely positive things to say about it. Our family room was quite big and the extra bed was better than the usual fold up beds sometimes provided. We had a room on the top floor with amazing views out over the city. There were some nice personal touches like a goody bag and free ice cream for kids as well as the helpfulness of reception staff. For example they arranged for a rep from one of the many boat trip companies to talk to us about our archipelago excursion.
The bar and American Dining restaurant at the front of the hotel was quirkily styled. The hotel gym was always empty and quite well equipped. The much hyped rooftop bar was rather disappointing - we tried unsuccessfully to get served drinks there on 3 occasions- it never seemed to be staffed! Also despite being billed as "the best burger in town" the hotel restaurant proved a little underwhelming and food a bit bland. Hotel breakfasts were however a real highlight- a fabulous selection and excellent value.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Rachie

Thank you for your wonderful review. It makes us all so very happy to learn you had such a good experience at Clarion Sign and that your children enjoyed the goodiebag and ice cream.

I am truly sorry for the experience in the spa bar and restaurant. This is of course not our standard. If you have the time I would be most grateful to be in contact with you about this.

Hope to hear from you. I wish you a lovely day

Vasteras, Sweden
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I´ve been staying at Clarion Sign several times this spring and summer using it both as a business hotel and as weekend stay with my family and it work very well for both. Everything works efficient and smooth, as it should, but what really stays is the way it´s done - though very modern at the surface this place has charm and all employees are really helpful no matter if you are a business person in need of a cord (or as in my case - lot´s of cords) or a kid asking for a toothbrush. The restaurant goes the same way - business and family. This is a nice place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 10th floor with view over Stockholm or lower down ask for rooms facing the canal.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CorneliaAros
Dear Conrnelia

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Sign. It really is heartwarmening to learn that you think the staff are doing their best to be helpful and deliver good service.

It is especially nice to learn that you are a returning guest. I do hope you will be able to stay with us soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you.

Hope you are well, I wish you a wonderful day

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great and large. Clean excellent Food and cozy rooms in Scandinavian Style. 5 walking min from central station and Kungsgatan one of the main shopping streets. 10 min to Gamla Stan. Good experience to stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Hi

Thank you for your lovely review of Clarion Sign. It mekes me very happy to learn you had a good experience.

I do hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest soon again

I wish you a wonderful day

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed at Clarion Sign prior to taking cruise from Stockholm. Great location within short walk of Central Station where express train from airport terminates. Bus Station served by airport bus is very close to Central Station also. It was possible to get a No 1 bus a short walk from the hotel which took me to Frihamnen Cruise Terminal.

The hotel is extremely comfortable with very cheerful helpful staff. The breakfast buffet is very good.

Stockholm is a beautiful city and most sights can be viewed on foot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
clarionsign, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Sign, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of Clarion Sign. It is dearly appreciated.

I am so pleased to learn that you had such a nice stay. I do hope that you will be able to stay with us again in the future and that your cruise was a lovely experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if we can be of any assistance to you

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Clarion Sign offers great services for a good value. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to stroll downtown or do your shopping. Restaurants, Gamla Stan and shops are all within walking reach. The restaurant downstairs is quite alright for unwinding in the evening. The SPA in the hotel is quite small but worth taking it (the outdoor pool is "the thing" here). The hotel is huge but the rooms are quite quiet. Ice in the corridors gives you that American feeling. All in all, a good deal.

Room Tip: Try to stay close to the elevators. The corridors are *very* long and you will have to walk a lot ot...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi

I am very glad that you think Clarion Sign is a good value. Thank you for your lovely review. We think it is so wonderful to learn that you had a nice experience at our restaurant and spa.

I hope you will want to stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to.

Hope you are well.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

If you arrive ominous Stockholm on the Arlanda Express, the Clarion Sign Hotel is just a five minute walk away. The rooms are comfortable and clean with free wifi. The breakfast restaurant is modern and designed in typical Scandinavian style. Staff are friendly and helpful. It is a ten minute walk to the main pedestrian street of Drottningholmgata.

Stayed July 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Sign here on Tripadvisor.
We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do agree with you, that our location is a very good one. Again, thank you so much for your lovely words on the review.

I do hope we will have the honor to have you as our guest soon again. I have written my e-mail address below, if you would like to contact me in the future.

Hope you are well