“Great Beer and Food at Nya Carnegiebryggeriet”

Nya Carnegiebryggeriet
Ranked #296 of 3,470 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$20 - US$66
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Wanted to fuel up to go watch and cheer at an NHL game in Stockholm and this was the perfect choice. Within walking distance of the Hotel L, only 3 tram stops away from the Ericsson Globe arena, it provided a warm welcome on a rainy, cool evening. A good choice of beer, Swedish and a couple of British Buxton Brewery and Brooklyn Brewery products. Food menu suggested pairings and I was very happy with the excellent and tender lamb shank dinner paired with their Hingstin EKO Stout. Dinner and three beer came to 441SEK (about $67 Canadian, $US53).

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

A typical Swedish-cuisine restaurant, former brewery, offering superb meal and spectacular beer.
I'll get back here every time I'm in Södermalm. Promised.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

And 10,000 more just to eat the Chipotle hamburger again. Truly the most awesome hamburger I have ever eaten anywhere. How do you do it guys??? Accompanied by mini semi crispy, floury baked potatoes this just knocked our socks off. I normally eat quite fast but I slowed right down to savour every, mouth-watering morsel. The place is buzzing and vibrant serving some of the very best beers we have had over our few days here. The beers are not cheap but you pay for quality and that is what you get. Won't forget this place!

1  Thank David E
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were staying around the area so wanted somewhere walking distance for dinner and a drink.

Like other reviewers have said. Good beer, foods ok (my fish was really good) but not that much selection for my burger eating of a husband.
Service was poor. Have to order at the bar which i dont have a problem with but when you walk up to bar they look at you lile "What now" kind if look.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We visited for an evening meal on a summer weekday - pretty quiet place. Great location by the water. Lots of seating space inside and out. Great selection of tasty beers, which is to be expected with the on-site brewery. Food was good but not great: photo shows whole sea bream with fennel salad - also comes with fried potatoes on the side which were really tasty. Chicken wasn't seasoned at all, but baked potato with chipotle butter was nice. Strawberries for dessert overpriced. The hand washing area by the loos has actual soft white hand towels which are disposed of in a bin (for washing later presumably) - something I haven't seen before. Service wasn't that friendly however.