“Great location, everything else lacking”

Best Hostel Old Town
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This place is perfectly situated for exploring Stockholm. But the short hours for reception are not accommodating. The staff was not helpful in providing recommendations around the area. The small kitchen area was stuffy and hot, and it is the only common area. When you check in, you have to prepare your own bed. Our room was quite cramped, it didn't seem to have enough room for all the people and their bags, and it did not smell great. Wifi worked for half of our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank wgkealey
There are newer reviews for Best Hostel Old Town

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been here with my girlfriend for a few days. The location is simply wonderful. We had a nice private room that definitely exceeded our expectations. The room was clean and the window was to the calm street. We really enjoyed the stay here and I would definitely come back if I were in Stockholm again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am extremely disappointed with the service of this hostel. After being locked out of my room for almost half the day because the battery died to my room lock, I was still forced to pay for my entire stay and private room or they would keep all of my stuff. The battery had died, deactivating my key and I was unable to get in contact with any of the workers. When I finally was able to talk to someone they blamed me and told me to knock on a door of a different room and sleep in someone else's bed. I was finally able to convince someone to help me. When she arrived finally at 1:30 am, she acted as if I was dirt. I don't know if this is common for swedes but every experience I've had with them is quite different than this particular occasion. We should of been compensated for every night we stayed which was only 2 but she made us pay for them all. It's just too bad because its in a great location and I didn't mind it at first. I constantly travel to Europe to visit my sister and I will never be back here again! I will also make my friends and family aware and anyone else who asks for a recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Deanna529
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is looking for somewhere nice, clean and central. It had a very warm, lovely feel to it, with a varied age group of people staying. The staff is very nice and help full.
Some showers were better than others, and it was a long wait to have a shower in the morning. This could easily be avoided by showering in the evening instead.
Bed linen is provided which is very good, wish they would also provide towels.
I would definitely use this place again if I was traveling back to Stockholm

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emoni H
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've got everything I needed for a quitegood price. The location of hostel is really good - just in a middle of the Old City. I could get anywhere in the center just walking. That was cool.
The rooms are not luxury but the only thing I nededisjust some restbefore next impressive day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fanatishe
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's a really good place to spend there sevral nights. The location is so convenient that you can get everywhere in the city centre on foot. Bathroom and toilet are pretty clear. For those who likes cooking there is a small kitchen at your service. Also you can find there a nice coffe in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The location was the highlight for me, especially given that the price is among the lower ones for Stockholm. I was also lucky enough to be the only guest of a 8 bed room, so I had the comfort of the room all to myself. Nice view of the Stortorget. Interesting reading materials in the room.
All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo