“Nice place, good grilled food”
Review of Grill Ruby

Grill Ruby
Ranked #371 of 3,136 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Located in a very nice street in Gamla Stan, plenty of restaurants and cafés. Nice grilled food, both meat and fish, with good and original side orders. Sirloin steak and grilled tuna are excellent. Nice atmosphere and service.

There are newer reviews for Grill Ruby

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The food had been decorated with dark hairs from the chef who also claimed it was from the vegetables?!? Since when did vegetables grow hair? Well, the meat was good, service beneath contempt. Prices are way too expensive and we did not get any deduction for the bad dining experience either, Never again, avoid!

1  Thank Maijja
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We ended up here by accident. Tired, with one night to see old friends in Stockholm, and we just popped around the corner from the hotel and found it by accident. I swear, it was the best food I've eaten in a long time! We were thrilled! And totally surprised! My friend had the Rib-eye, which she said was the best she'd ever had, plus (not kidding) - Mac and Cheese, which was so good (I tasted it), I thought I'd faint. And I had (don't laugh) fries - I was craving fries, and they were the best fries I've ever had! With a Cajun, Bearnaise sauce to dip them in! Oysters to start, fresh from France, sweet, clean, delicate and delicious, then their scallop app for my dinner. Champagne and sparkling water to go with. HEAVEN! We were both just AMAZED. I've studied cuisine at Cordon Blue in London, and cooked professionally in Los Angeles, and I had to go in and find the Chef, who was a lovely, sweet, friendly (tired! It was the end of the evening) man, from London! Lovely ambiance, great, relaxed and friendly service. I've never been so surprised and happy. Wonderful. I will travel back to Stockholm, just to eat there again one day!

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

The place looks really nice from outside. I walked passed a few times and it was always busy. So I decided to give it a try. I ordered nachos for starters. The guacamole was half processed. The burger was not really tasty and the side orders including a Caesars salad very salty and drenched in sauce. I was quite disappointed.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We ate at this restaurant on a Ssturday lunchtime, and found it a great place to sit outside, enjoy excellent food and people watch in Stockholm Old Town.
We highly recommend the blue cheeseburger and the chicken burger, both of which came with delicious fries.
The only downside is the fairly expensive price, but this was general in the whole of Stockholm, not particular to this restaurant.