“traveller”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mariatorget
Reviewed 5 May 2013

If you are travelling alone then please avoid this place. They do not appreciate any lonely travelers regardless how much a person would spend. I'm used to eat well and for sure normally exceeding any budget for example for two guests. There were a plenty of free tables when I went there May 4th 2013, but the only place I was offered was a bar chair. This is simply not good enough considering that I have been in the place before with my wife (no problem to get a table if you are two). From the previous experiences I can tell you that the food is good, but rather expensive considering the overall experience with the taste, service and a general customer orientation.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

If you like well cooked rustic bistro food then you will like Bistro Sud! I think one could call the food a mix of French and Swedish bistro food, but with that I don't mean they have a crossover kitchen.
I go there very often and it is the restaurant where I feel most relaxed and have the best rustic extremely well cooked bistro food I can in Stockholm.They have a constantly changing menu that is written on the chalk board. I have tried a lot of different dishes and to tell the truth I think they have starters to die for: steak tartar, carpaccio, foie, Swedish löjrom (best roe in the world) on a Swedish råraka (like a small pancake made of potato) - so delicious! I alomost always have Moules Frites as main course, but the have very good meat and fish dishes. Well I don't think I have to say the desserts and wines are as good as the as the things I have already written about :-) So I just write don't forget to save room for dessert then you miss something. The wine list is good and the Bistro-Sud-People give you valuable skilled wine recommendations if you ask them.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel and were not disappointed. Although we booked late we managed to get in and although it was a little tight to get in and out from our table the food was excellent. Had we stayed in Stockholm longer, we would probably have returned.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Very nice place, a lot of people and a high volyme of voices. We were 5 persons and 3 of us had the vegetarian meal. The reason was not that we all are vegetarians, but we didn't feel like having i whole meal, so we took the light course - the risotto! It actually tasted very good, but if it would have been my husband who ordered it, he woul'd be starving... It was supposed to come with chantarelles and beetroots. Well, I counted 4 chantarelles and a huge big pile of beetroots and some table-spoons of rice. So, the restaurant made a big profit! The other dishes were okey, nothing to wright home about.

They also made a profit out of squeezing 5 persons in at a table for 4. Lucky them!

A nice place for friends to meet and hang out! There was also a lot of smoke in the restaurant, since all the smoking persons were standing outside at the front door. Luckely, we all enjoyed the smell of cigarr!

Go spend your money somewhere else!

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My beautiful wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Bistro Sud. We liked it so much we returned the next night with the rest of our family! Great food, good time! Cheers!

1  Thank DRGilbert