“Great place for beer”
Review of Man in the Moon

Man in the Moon
Reserve with
Man in the Moon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #340 of 3,041 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Swedish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Vasastan
Description: Stockholm?s Man in the Moon is a pub restaurant which serves no fewer than 200 types of beer, including some beers matured on the premises. In the dining room, you can try dishes from the à la carte menu, such as fish and seafood casserole with chilli aioli; and shoulder of lamb braised in port wine with chanterelle risotto. You can also order from the more basic pub menu, which includes raggmunk (Swedish potato pancakes) with bacon and lingonberry; and a club sandwich.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great place for beer”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I visit this place quite frequently and it has replaced my old favourite pub in the neighbourhood.

They have a really good spread of both Swedish and US Micro brewery beers and a good selection of whiskies as well as a good variety of international brews. Bar staff knows its beers and you'll get both good suggestions and a good story behind the beers if you want to.

Food is not to bad although the Club Sandwich - as is the case in many places in Sweden - is not a Club Sandwich but a chicken-curry-majo toast.

All in all a good place that I recommend.

Visited November 2012

Stockholm, Sweden
“Don´t eat there, bad food!!!!”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I ate there I hade a very expensive cod. the fish was ok to start with, but the potatomash under was ice cold. I asked the waitress if it was supposed to be cold and guess what it wasn´t.
Well she took my plate and after 15 minutes returned with the plate With the same potatocylinder, but fried this time. It was swimming in oil on the plate and the fish had gone dry and the potatoe was still not warm inside. They tried to make up for it with adding some long grean beans. They where like spagetti, soft and no aldente there ...

well I had already preordered a chocolate cake. That was the worst chocolate cake ever. it was hard and dry like a hockey puck. It tasted awfull.

We payed a lot and I got a terrible stomach ace after and my husbands stomach was very upset if you know what I mean...

and though I payed a lot for the food I have to go to the disk to pay the bill!!! Like it was a cheap lunch I just had ...

Don´t go there for the food. If you like beer. The place seems ok.

• Visited November 2012
Oxford
“Bustling pub with huge range of beers”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Visited here on a Friday night. It does offer food but we chose against it. The pub was very busy with little room to sit. It has a massive range of beer perhaps 20 to 30 pumps. like a lot of swedish pubs it seems to base its decor on old English city pubs. Had it been a little quieter we may have stayed a little longer

• Visited October 2012
Oz
“Great selection of beer, good food.”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We read about this gastro pub on a local guide and we were impressed by the huge selection of beers, so we decided to go.
Wow, this is the beer lovers paradise!! 30 taps and more than 500 bottled beers... if you are undecided, it could take you ages to decides what to drink! The beer menu is for this reason pretty big, and the service doesnt mind to help you choosing. They're friendly and nice.
We had also food, which was fresh, tasty and well prepared. I had a salad with avocado, the vinaigrette was one of best I have ever tried; my friend had a burger: the side fries were homemade and good and the burger meat first choice.
I would recommend to go there if you are in the neighbourhood (it is just 10 minutes walking distance from Stockholm's main street). But if you are a beer lover, this is definitely the place to go.

• Visited July 2012
Cork, Ireland
“Pick a beer.....”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Lovely pub, plenty of beers from all locations...great to place to chill after sightseeing,,,,didnt eat the food, but looked good being given to diners.

Visited May 2012