“good place to eat”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mariatorget
Description: After 12 years of continuous evolvement Marie Laveau is more relevant than ever. Inspired by American bistros, Marie Laveau has created a welcoming restaurant for the whole family on Hornsgatan in Stockholm. The menu is inspired by Southern comfort food with roots in New Orleans, Louisiana and Southwest Mexico. No white tablecloths or magniloquent dishes, but more relaxed and open-minded atmosphere. Marie Laveau is a pleasure-dome in a small format for those who want to spend half the day and throughout the night under the same roof. The lunch is best taken at Love Food Cafe, where you will find well-prepared sandwiches that you can order from a menu or if you prefer to make your own. After work is best taken in the main bar. Ideal for group of friends who want to kick start the evening. The family might choose to sit in the dining room, the menu is the same no matter where you sit. Great cocktails? How about Stockholm's best cocktails? Go to Little Quarter, where the pace is equal to the love of the craftsmanship. Want to go clubbing? Club Laveau is open every weekend with crazy events, wild parties and amazing DJs. Marie Laveau is simply a place for the people, a place where everyone is welcome.
Zimbabwe
“good place to eat”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was invited to a dinner there the only evening I had in Stockholm. Average interior, nice atmosphere, good music, food was good, but we had to wait for it for about 30-40 minutes! I was surprised to see they served fast-food as well (french fries with hamburgers) but it was kind of home-made fast food. Bar area was overcrowded so i guess the place is more popular for its drinks and cocktails. But I bet there are better restaurants in Stockholm.

• Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great club, good bar, average food”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I heard a lot of hype about this place; as a club, a bar and a restaurant so decided to eat here at the bar with a friend recently.

As a club the downstairs area is great (if you get past the queue). Good music, great crowd the bar staff are really friendly.

Upstairs is split into the main bar, the cocktail bar and the restaurant.

The cocktail bar is small but a nice venue for a drink. The cocktails are fantastic and really really well made.

The main bar is where I ate with my friend. I had chilli, he had pork belly. You get what the menu says to the tea - so for example with the chilli rice is an extra (a personal pet peeve).

Atmosphere was great; very relaxed, chatty and informal dining.

We waited forever for our food. Granted it was a friday night but we must have been sat there about an hour.

When it did turn up it was fine but nothing to shout about. Glad i've been but wouldn't eat there again.

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Go For a Great Meal!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Tried the restaurant on a whim and were very impressed, visiting Stockholm from the US I did not expect to find great New Orleans Cuisine in Sweden. We loved this place and I would recommend it to anyone visiting the city. I suggest making reservations as getting in can be tough without one, especially on the weekends.

• Visited September 2013
NL/SWE/BE
“"Decent food, but overall experience is not great"”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I visited this place for brunch with a few friends and a stroller with a baby. The menu was pretty good, though I struggled to find food to fit my carb-free diet. This however is no reason for my "average" review. Had I been eating carbs as usual, I would have had a difficult time choosing between the tasty dishes from the very US/UK menu.
On the day of the booking, I called ahead to ask if it was ok to bring an extra child (9 yrs). Surprisingly enough, the restaurant told me that they could not accept an extra seat to the table, unless we changed our booking time from noon to 2pm. Not being able to do this, we went ahead with our original plans, minus the extra guest. When we arrived, we were surprised to see that the place was veeery spacious, and our table could easily have fit the little girl. This was a big negative for a city which otherwise is very child-friendly.
On a different note, the food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Beware that if more than 1 person orders the same dish (when putting together a custom brunch-plate), they will be added together to one plate. Some people will not enjoy this.

• Visited March 2013
Stockholm
“Go for the food, Don't stay for the service”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Whilst the food is excellent, well priced and always tasty the poor service will have you ready to leave the second you finish your meal.
The wait staff try to be friendly but the matradee is a force to be reckoned with. He speaks harshly with the customers, refuses to be flexible with bookings, will not take bookings for over 6 people and when they spilt a bloody mary all over our coats they tried to pretend it did not happen. But if you like staff with a catty attitude and think the customer is always wrong then you will fit right in :)

• Visited February 2013