“Rivals Japanese food in Japan”
Review of Ljunggren

Ljunggren
Reserve with
Ljunggren is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #398 of 3,230 Restaurants in Stockholm
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Slussen
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having been to Japan 3 times I can safely say that the Sashimi and Sushi at this place rivalled some of the best I've had in Japan. Everything was super fresh, service was fantastic and the cocktails were delicious. We sat along the kitchen so had a good chat to the sushi/sashimi chef. It turned out he was half Japanese and half Swedish and was a great guy. I would recommend this to anyone staying in Stockholm that has a craving for Japanese or a delicious meal.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

OK, "fusion" restaurants can kind of scare me. Japanese-Thai-Swedish? But wow, they make it work, with very friendly service. We realized we were the oldest people here by 30 years, at least -- lots of very young, hip, pretty Swedes -- but we were absolutely comfortable. The bar is really hopping, too. Don't try to eat here without a reservation.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Relaxed and laid back bar and restaurant without comprimising with the food. The spicy tuna is one of a kind and a must have. Affordable and great service. Also, the roof strong the dinner is worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I arrived there quite early evening with a friend. We wanted to eat but all outside tables were taken on the ground floor. The waitress told us we could eat and have drinks on the terrasse as well. So we checked out the sunny rooftop. Perfect for a nice cocktail and they make very creative ones. Nice atmosphere, chairs and tables and corners with sofas.

Later on when we wanted to order food they closed the terrasse and sent us back to the ground floor. We got a nice table near the kitchen. And I ate the best temaki sushi of my life. I still dream about it.
When we were done eating we went to the club part which was not to our liking and still a bit empty. We just spent the rest of the night in the bar part which was crowded and very nice.

We had no idea this place was so big when we entered it! It was one discovery after another: the rooftop terrasse, the club, and the bar.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

The food at Lunggren's is very good and the atmosphere is great but in my opinion the prices are not justified.

1  Thank Stocktohn