“An amazing dinning experience .”
Review of Milford Bistro

Milford Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Milford
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: showing visitors to the County the wineries, breweries, cheese and vegetable producers and the cidery
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Prince Edward County. Worth a side trip to Milford .... It will not disappoint you !

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This delightful bistro near Picton is a great stop if you're in the area. From what I'd heard, I expected the food to be good (local, high quality ingredients, etc.) but I was pleasantly surprised to find it was fantastic!! The chef is amazing! And our two young children loved the food as much as we did. Add to that a lovely Ontario countryside setting, a charming dining room and attentive staff and you get the picture!

And on a couple of practical notes: our cab ride from downtown Picton was less than $20 including tip ($16 + tip if I recall correctly) so it's very accessible; and they offered us flexible food choices for the kids which is a nice bonus!

1  Thank Bonnie D
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went here recently for the first time, and plan to return again as soon as possible!

A quaint and quirky decor does not prepare you for the caliber of food you will receive. We were immediately greeted when we entered by our host, and enjoyed a well paced, fantastic dinner based on local food and wine.

An amuse bouche began, followed by little cheese filled gougeres, and then a stunning variety of courses at a remarkably low price. The raspberry creme brule was the best i have ever had.

Local wines were well chosen by a knowledgeable owner. We enjoyed it so much that as we passed by the following day on our way to a local winery, we dropped in to their lunch time grill and had some of the best burgers you will find.

Small note of criticism - no water is served until customers asked - an oversight and one that had servers scrambling to get glasses to various tables. Why not simply present water as part of the welcome to each table?

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We were sailing our boat through Picton and took a cab to the Milford Bistro for dinner. I had been hearing good things but must say we were blown away by the quality of the food. It was by far the best meal we had anywhere on our vacation.

First to the table were some cheese puffs -- incredible -- made with local Black River cheese. I could have kept eating them all evening.

The smoked shrimp were next. Incredible smokey goodness with a creamy aioli.

Then the mains - I had the locally caught perch with red pepper sauce. Beautiful, fresh fish from a couple of miles down the bay.

My wife had the lamb (which of course I had to help her with). Best lamb I've ever had.

The fresh root vegetables were done perfectly.

Then dessert. I'm not usually a big dessert fan but its part of the prix fix so I had to try it. So very good!!!

Overall a fantastic experience. Friendly service, incredible locally raised food and a lovely atmosphere.

We're going to go back out for a weekend in the fall. We'll be bringing a bunch of friends to do a dinner in their upstairs gallery.

If you're in the County...make a reservation!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Good food, good service, good atmosphere. Loved the exterior - in keeping with the village of old. The interior was an up to date Bistro. Excellent use of local ingredients. Highly recommended by host of The Miller's House B & B.