“Discovery of Progression Luna/Lighthall sparkling wine!”
Review of Milford Bistro

Milford Bistro
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Milford
Price range: US$8 - US$39
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: showing visitors to the County the wineries, breweries, cheese and vegetable producers and the cidery
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Milford Bistro is a comfortable and attractive small restaurant, in an old building with high ceilings and century charm. The food was excellent and we were delighted by our first taste of Progression Luna/Lighthall sparkling wine. Friends had praised it and they were right - a delicious, light sparkler with a pleasant after taste. Made in Prince Edward County, which opened our eyes and palates to the next two days of wine tasting around the county. Delightful!

1  Thank crookedhouserugs

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stopped for lunch on a Saturday, very cute little place, very few tables circled by blackboard and pickles in jars. Reminded me of an old classroom, not unlike you would see on Little House on the Prairies. Charming young lady serving us. No "à la carte" lunch menu, only 3 choices for lunch which means they focus on quality - very good so far. 1st choice is a "Chacuteri plate"... which, me being from Quebec, assumed was meant to say "charcuterie", which I further assumed to be a cold cut plate, so I pass. Choice #2 is a lamb or beef burger with Caesar salad. OK not my idea of a bistro fare but burgers are supposed to be their specialty. I'm thinking about it. Choix numéro trois is a mushroom & goat cheese pastry puff of some kind. Too vegan and not into pastry as a main course, so I go for the lamb burger with Caesar, accepting the penalty of having to wolf down a lowly bun. My wife is smarter, she orders same with no bun. One of my traveling companions orders the beef burger,,, interesting and too safe of a choice for me. Meals eventually show up and all look great except for my buddy with the beef burger. To our collective horror there is more bun than beef. Looks actually like a meat ball or a donut mold. My friend instinctively spurts out the unequivocal"where's the beef" while he's simultaneously eyeing my full size juicy lamb burger. He does a last ditch attempt to switch with me by asking the young and embarrassed server which burger is lamb and which one is beef... Thank goodness he loses... I keep the prize in my plate. Bistro being a little semi-pretentious place, we feel it is un-Prince Edward County to complain, since everyone knows each other, I am told. Good. I'm a tourist unlikey to return. But our companions are locals, so I enjoy the delicious lamb burger while my friend eats his socks. So for the cook, who I am certain remembers this epic meal he served, just try to adjust the pre-cooked size of burgers so they dont shrivel. All fun aside, not that my friend thought this was funny, it is indeed a nice little place lost in the middle of rural nowhere.

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We visited Prince Edward county for the first time and dined here after the Taste festival, and really enjoyed our meal. The service was friendly and helpful. My wife had not been feeling well the last couple of weeks and they were able to offer suggestions to accommodate her restrictions. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed each course, and we wouldn't hesitate to return the next time we were in the area. Be sure to make a reservation to ensure you're able to get a table!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have been to the Milford Bistro several times. This last trip was the first time under new ownership. And it was just very average. The food was quite bland and the service was merely adequate. I have always liked the atmosphere there and it formerly made you want to linger. This time I could not wait to leave. Perhaps it was the piece of paper towel I found in my mushroom risotto that was the final straw. The maître d was very nonchalant about it and didn't really give me an explanation for it until I pressed him. No consideration offered either. I love the idea of a restaurant in the little hamlet of Milford but it will really have to raise the bar to get me to come back. Needs work.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in Prince Edward County. Worth a side trip to Milford .... It will not disappoint you !