“Wow- best chardonnay”

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wow- best chardonnay”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We always buy a case of wine from LongDog- my husband loves the Pinot ...but we always get lots of Chardonnay

Ottawa, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Unbelievable winery”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Wine tasting was excellent as were the wines but best of all was the tour and tasting from the casks. We learned about the benefits of blending right from the wine maker himself! Setting is gorgeaous.

Havelock, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not Very Inviting”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Visited this winery on a Tuesday afternoon in June. Not a busy time for visitors to the Tasting Room and it seemed to be reflected in the attitude of the lady who came out to serve us. She appeared to have other, more important things on her mind and was not very engaging either about the wines or about her dachshunds for which the winery is named. Perhaps it would be best if the Tasting Room was only open during peak times.
To those planning on visiting this winery, I would suggest that you might consider going there on a week-end afternoon in the summer when there's most likely more traffic.

2 Thank Joan C
Kingston, Canada
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“A unique spot well off the travelled path”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

In our never ending quest to discover and explore all of the winery's of Prince Edward County, we decided to explore the winery's of South Marysburgh on the South East end of the County. Located away from the main winery hub of Hillier on the West end of the County we discovered Long Dog Winery. Located a short drive from the Milford Bistro, this winery proudly makes all of their wines only from grapes grown on their own farm.

In fairness the only reason I didn't give them a 5 rating was the attitude of the lady who came out to do the tasting. I know it was the end of a very hot August day and she came all the way out to the tasting room for just one person, however, I really felt that I was being a huge inconvenience to her and that she had other more important things to do.

As a lover of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir I was in heaven. They do two wonderful Chardonnay's and three Pinot Noir in addition to two Pinot Gris and a Rose. Like most wineries I visit, I couldn't leave without some bottles for the cellar, however, their wines, while wonderful can be a bit of a strain on the budget especially their 2007 “Otto” Riserva Pinot Noir at $50 a bottle.

I know every ones tastes are unique, so I don't rate wines on here, however, if you enjoy Chardonnay, Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir, this is a must stop during your visit to the county and decide for yourself.

Visited August 2011