“Worst winery experience ever”
Review of Long Dog Winery

Long Dog Winery
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Milford
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had exactly the same experience as another reviewer (Ontmajo) -- rudely ignored by the woman pourer after driving 30 km out of our way specifically to visit that winery. We left without making our planned purchase. If she is the wife of the owner, I guess there is no point in complaining -- which is too bad, as she is clearly a huge detriment to the operation.

All reviews
"pec"
in 5 reviews
"sip"

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I have been in Toronto (from Montreal) for about 6 years and each year we've been visiting the county and we always include a trip to our favourite winery Long Dog in Milford. We like our wine but are not experts by any means and the experience there is always down to earth and real which we appreciate. It's beautiful surroundings and we always make it a point to stay for a glass. The owners are terrific and interesting and always make time to chat.We will keep frequenting the county and continue to build in Long Dog into the itenirary.
Cheers!
Ariel

1  Thank Ariel L
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We were a group of five women on a weekend in the County. I'd visited the winery in the past and really enjoyed it so wanted to intro the winery and their wines to my friends. It was the first winery we visited on the weekend (Saturday at noon) and were completely ignored. This was the first time a lady was in the tasting room as when I'd visited previously, there were two gentlemen who my husband and I very much enjoyed meeting. I believe the woman in the tasting room that day is the wife of the owner. One of the members in our group asked a question about the differences between same year Pinot vintages however the reply was terse and almost rude. We were taken aback and disappointed in the complete lack of attention and good manners. We were the only visitors at the tasting room at the time. We did purchase a couple of bottles of wine and left quickly. In retrospect we should not have patronized the winery. We went on to three other nearby wineries, including Exultet and Lighthall and our experience was excellent, both in terms of a friendly welcome, informative staff and great tasting wines. We filled a case!

1  Thank Ontmajo
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We visited the winery a number of years ago and at that time bought several bottles of wine. At Christmas 2012 we opened an Otto 2007 and those gathered felt it was oxidized. Three folks were sommeliers. Normally, I do not get too excited about a flawed wine as it happens every now and again...but this was an expensive bottle...45-50$/bottle...and so I wrote the owner. He responded quickly making me aware that I was the first ever to find a problem with his wine... and that he would replace the bottle. Six months later and still no wine and no contact with the owner James,in spite of several emails reminding him of his promise.. If I had bought the wine from the LCBO I could have returned the wine and received my money back. Folks should be aware that when you are dealing with the winery you are at their mercy.

1  Thank thegourmetox