Suzie and Jerry made our weekend an unforgettable. This historic place is a labour of their love. Definitely going back to polish my kayaking skills.
So many positive things to say about this gem of a vacation spot. I considered this a great find. We've stayed at various Ontario's Finest Inns over the years and during this trip we also stayed at The Manse and the Merrill Inn. Obviously, this was a different experience than a boutique inn, but I kind of wish we had spent the entire week here because we had a wonderful time at Unique Scenic Island Getaway and would visit again.
- the price, $75 per night, was amazing
- a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful spot!!! The picturesque house is on a tiny island, I've never seen anything like it, so water rushes by each side of the house with a smooth river in front and behind it.
- immaculate grounds/lawn which we thoroughly enjoyed exploring; blooming flowers, weeping willow, with a cute gold fish pond
- the hosts are absolutely lovely people: very hospitable and friendly. They've paid a lot of attention to details to make the stay comfortable. They did so much to make us feel welcome and we sincerely enjoyed meeting them.
- we were offered a simple breakfast of cereal, fruit, bagels and spreads, juice; the fridge had milk and bottled water for us
- the room is so very pretty, cozy, spacious and clean and the bed is comfortable
- the bathroom: clean, well-stocked: towels, shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, hairdryer etc.
- a well-stocked kitchenette with small appliances, like a small fridge, a hotplate, a microwave oven, a toaster oven, kettle, and gourmet teas, coffee, coffee press, sugar, dishes and cutlery. Made the stay most comfortable.
- also offered the use of a BBQ outside, which we didn't use, but people can use it if they want to do some serious cooking
- we were offered the use of a canoe, kayaks, a rowboat and bicycles/helmets: we didn't do any water activities, but had a really fun time bike riding in the neighbourhood
- the house is located about 25 minutes north of Picton - the 401 is very close by
- parking outside of the house is convenient (you park alongside the owner's cars)
I left feeling happy and at peace. A small snag: be patient if you experience issues booking.This is a new venture so although - NO FAULT OF THE OWNER - I had a bit of difficulty communicating with her. I made a typo in my initial email so that made it hard to connect with me, but even after I fixed that received some, but not all, of each others' messages...something to do with flipkey? Again, it's not due to lack of owner's efforts. I am really glad we stayed here and was very happy with the overall experience. We would DEFINATELY stay here again!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How easy was key pickup/access to the property?|
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children|
|Check-in / front desk||Service|
|A romantic getaway|