“Breath taking location, extremely friendly hosts.”
other travellers have booked this property
The Island Mill Getaway in the historic Lonsdale Grist Mill on an island in the Salmon River
Dining and relaxing on the patio by the river.  Weber barbeque/induction hot plate for outdoor meals Close out a busy day of relaxing by enjoying an evening fire right at the waterfalls.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enjoy a relaxing soak in our year round outdoor hot tub overlooking the river and waterfalls
Microwave and convection toaster oven large enough to cook a pizza.  All necessities for meal  prep.
Electric fireplace, cozy reading nook, window seat, satelite t.v. & wifi  in your living area.
5 windows for views on to the river and gardens with a river view window seat.  AC & Fan.
Toiletries, towels, make-up wipes all provided.
Bathroom vanity.  Hairdryer  provided.
Wardrobe with terry robes and boards games.
Welcome to our Island Mill Getaway
Recreation kayaks or canoe are ready for river explorations right outside the back door.
Complimentary Provincial Park Pass
Explore the river by canoe right from our backyard dock.
Covered pedal boat with lounge seats for some relaxation on the water.
Take a scenic ride to Buttermilk Falls.
Our Haro touring bicycles are ready for a ride through the countryside. Helmets are provided.
Sit a spell on our country front porch swing with river song in the back ground.
Swimming on the dam.  Come on in, the water's fine!
Refreshing, exhilarating, and just plain fun!
A lovely October morning.  Our stay one night free special runs from November 1 thru til April 30.
Springtime in the garden.  May is full of blooms and birds.
Summer in our gardens. Flowers everywhere!
Even winter is beautiful here!  Bring show shoes or x country skis and of course, your camera.
Overhead of pergola/ bbq area and north dam and waterfalls
Raised veggie beds.  Pick your own fresh organic salad!  It's on the house!
Have a seat and enjoy the view!
View of the river and mill pond from the backyard
Take a stroll past the fish pond through the thyme garden and sit by the waterfalls.
The fish pond with Golly, Polly and Dolly.
Overhead view of the side garden area
Beavers, Muskrats and Otters are fun to watch.  Mr. Beaver having a light snack on our willows
Spring migration. Baltimore Oriole, Indigo Bunting and Rose Breasted Grosbeak all feeding together.
Great Blue Herons visit everyday to fish at the waterfalls
Watch the sun rise over the mill pondand you may even catch the otters playing & other wildlife.
An early fall view of the side garden.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
AJAY881
Toronto, Canada
“Breath taking location, extremely friendly hosts.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Suzie and Jerry made our weekend an unforgettable. This historic place is a labour of their love. Definitely going back to polish my kayaking skills.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
5 Jul 2014
We enjoyed hosting this lovely couple very much. They really seemed to enjoy being near the water and relaxing by an evening fire. Our aim was to be able to provide couples with a truly getaway experience that encompasses both taking advantage of our beautiful countryside by boating, cycling and walking and also doing day trips to Prince Edward County and Kingston. Our guests so far are telling us that they will and have already recommended us to their friends.
DexterMog...
Toronto
“A Fairytale Suite in one of the Most Beautiful Spots in PEC.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

So many positive things to say about this gem of a vacation spot. I considered this a great find. We've stayed at various Ontario's Finest Inns over the years and during this trip we also stayed at The Manse and the Merrill Inn. Obviously, this was a different experience than a boutique inn, but I kind of wish we had spent the entire week here because we had a wonderful time at Unique Scenic Island Getaway and would visit again.

- the price, $75 per night, was amazing
- a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful spot!!! The picturesque house is on a tiny island, I've never seen anything like it, so water rushes by each side of the house with a smooth river in front and behind it.
- immaculate grounds/lawn which we thoroughly enjoyed exploring; blooming flowers, weeping willow, with a cute gold fish pond
- the hosts are absolutely lovely people: very hospitable and friendly. They've paid a lot of attention to details to make the stay comfortable. They did so much to make us feel welcome and we sincerely enjoyed meeting them.
- we were offered a simple breakfast of cereal, fruit, bagels and spreads, juice; the fridge had milk and bottled water for us
- the room is so very pretty, cozy, spacious and clean and the bed is comfortable
- the bathroom: clean, well-stocked: towels, shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, hairdryer etc.
- a well-stocked kitchenette with small appliances, like a small fridge, a hotplate, a microwave oven, a toaster oven, kettle, and gourmet teas, coffee, coffee press, sugar, dishes and cutlery. Made the stay most comfortable.
- also offered the use of a BBQ outside, which we didn't use, but people can use it if they want to do some serious cooking
- we were offered the use of a canoe, kayaks, a rowboat and bicycles/helmets: we didn't do any water activities, but had a really fun time bike riding in the neighbourhood
- the house is located about 25 minutes north of Picton - the 401 is very close by
- parking outside of the house is convenient (you park alongside the owner's cars)

I left feeling happy and at peace. A small snag: be patient if you experience issues booking.This is a new venture so although - NO FAULT OF THE OWNER - I had a bit of difficulty communicating with her. I made a typo in my initial email so that made it hard to connect with me, but even after I fixed that received some, but not all, of each others' messages...something to do with flipkey? Again, it's not due to lack of owner's efforts. I am really glad we stayed here and was very happy with the overall experience. We would DEFINATELY stay here again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the beauty of the location, the comfort of the room, the coziness of the house, the wonderful hosts, priximity to Picton and Bloomfield
Liked least: NO FAULT OF THE OWNERS, but booking via flipkey was a bit of a challenge. The owner and I were not receiving each other's messages.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
2 Jun 2014
Thank you for such positive feedback on our vacation rental suite. We really welcomed comments from these guests as they do extensive travelling throughout Ontario to B&B's and Ontario's Finest Inns. So to receive such positive remarks about our new venture is very comforting to us. The guests apparently did not sleep well at their two previous Inn accommodations in Prince Edward County but they both experienced two good night's sleeps in our suite due to our Tempurpedic mattress and the sound of the waterfalls I expect. This lovely couple was very warm and friendly and I would welcome their return to our home anytime. The issue we had with our correspondence was largely due to the FlipKey App as I was trying to handle the booking on my mobile phone. The FlipKey App needs some work as it made our booking very frustrating as the send button freezes when you try to send a message so you don't know whether you have replied to your prospective guest or not. I will not use it in future unless FlipKey fixes the issue, but rather wait until I am home and can complete the booking on my computer.
Toronto
Reviewed 30 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
30 Apr 2014
Our first guests and a great experience! I learned how to make Indian tea and we all enjoyed a campfire together by the water's edge on a cool April evening. I distinctly got the feeling they were glad to escape Toronto for a while. They were a great couple for our first guests as they made themselves right at home so we immediately felt relaxed. Our first foray into the hosting world was definitely a positive one and we look forward to their return.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing