Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Adrian P
Brasov, Romania

Can be considered expensive but worth it

Review of Conacul Ambient
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 May 2015
I came here for a christening party.Maybe is not a 5 star location but for sure is very close and for sure one of the best in 50 Km around (and I know because I live in this area).Everything was well done and very careful on all details regarding rooms, pool + Jacuzzi (30 C), sauna, yard,You can enjoy also the Carpathian mountains from this place.Quiet if you are looking for this. Good food also.
Date of stay: May 2015
Room Tip: Ask a room with moountains view. Room 4 is quite big
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
AmbientHotels, Manager at Conacul Ambient, responded to this review
Responded 18 Mar 2016
Thank you dear Adrian for taking the time to review our mansion and we are grateful for crossing our threshold .
  • Priceline
    0.4 miles from Conacul Ambient
      • Agoda.com
      1.1 miles from Conacul Ambient
      View more hotels in Cristian
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 5 May 2015

In your sight when you first enter in the courtyard are the windows that goes straight into the pool area. It wasn't pretty nice to see people in their bathing suits first.
      We went to reception, which wasn't bigger than a closet, and we checked-in for 3 nights in room number 9 at the second floor.
      The room was perfectly cleaned. In our stay, I wasn't bothered of any noise at night, we had comfortable bed with clean and warm sheets. The shower was a bit tricky but it didn't bothered me that much because we also had a bathtub in there. What I couldn't find in the room, was the minibar and the phone. Why they weren't there on a 5 stars mansion??
      At the restaurant, from the whole menu, I can recommend the salads, the cheese dumplings-"papanasi", the meatball soup and the great "prajitura fondanta" desert. Not the spaghetti! The place didn't had the food I expected for this kind of mansion. In several times we went out to eat somewhere else.
      The waiters were very friendly and helpful all the time. I think the chef was the problem here.The breakfast was pretty ordinary, I'm sure they could do better.(same advice for the rooms)
      Great pool.

Date of stay: May 2015
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      1  Thank Raluca G
      AmbientHotels, Manager at Conacul Ambient, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Thank you dear Raluca for your advice. We have mounted minibars in every room in order to have a better experience at our mansion. Also, the breakfast has been upgraded and the restaurant has been reinvented as a full service restaurant.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future in order to test our improvements,

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Out of the beaten track, very nice little hotel with sauna, small pool & jaccuzy (a little warmer would be nice). Clean and aesthetic.
      Understaffed - long wait for (modest) breakfast-buffet replenishment.
      4 starts would be more accurate.

Room tip: No elevators and no bell boy. Carry your own suitcase up the stairs (1 or 2 floors).
      Date of stay: April 2015
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 23 February 2015

We've stayed in this mansion for 2 nights, 20.02 - 22.02.2015. We booked 2 double executive rooms (1 family 2 adt + chd 2 yo and 1 couple). They say on their website that the rates include parking in front of the mansion BUT there is NO parking, you can park your car in front of the mansion ON THE STREET, which is not a parking at all. We recived rooms no 1 (1 st floor) and no 9 (2nd floor). 1 week before I read an review that said there are some rooms exposed to the noise of the billiards so I wrote an email asking for rooms away from the noise of billiards, kids playgroud etc. They replyed to me and said the rooms are away from noise and mentioning that this means the rooms are not above the pool (???). Never mentioned anything about the billiards. Whan arrived there (first of all nobody at the reception, had to wait about 10 minutes; I can understand they can not have someone at the reception all the time for such a low capacity but .... at least put a bell so guest can ring and have someone promptly attenting whan needed) the receptionist asked us if we want 1st floor or second floor (?). We said first floor just because we thought it will be more confortable to go up the stairs with a 2 yo baby. But....SURPRISE! There was the billiards laying on the hall of the 1st floor hall, just in front of the rooms. For God's sake! You can not place the billiards who's making a lot of noise in front of the rooms in a place where people come to relax and where different people have different schedules. This is unacceptable! And they "forgot" to mention whan I asked. This says a lot about the quality of the services and people there. You can not do this if you respect yourself and your clients! They could have said: ok, the billiards it is there, if you need a more quiet room, away from the noise of the billiards, we suggest you book a standard double room on the second floor. And than it would have been our option. Verry disappointing!
      The room: big enough, clean, very good quality of sheets on the bed, good and confortable mattress, nice decoration, the room door, the balcony door and the bathroom door all creaking and rather difficult to open/close. NO minibar and no phone in the rooms (5* ??????). Bath wraps, slippers, towels (they changed the towels the second day), hairdryier, shampoo, shower gel and soap.
      Verry small balcony, almost can not use it and it has no intimacy, it is very close and no separation from the other rooms balconies.
      Verry bad smell on the corridors. We thought it was from the kitchen but on the second thought...in the area of the restaurant there was not the same smell. In the mornings the smell was even worse. Don't know where it came from.
      The pool clean, big enoght for the capacity of the mansion. 28-30 Degrees so it was warm and pleasant.
      Breakfast: We thought it was good, diversified enough for us but the couple traveling with us was not happy about the breakfast either (one of the complains was that the vegetables were not fresh and it was not as diversified enoght for 5*, so if you have 5* expectations, you will be disappointed also about the breakfast).
      For lunch and dinner you should forget about eating at the mansion's restaurant. You have few options, nothing to choose from.The drinks rather expensive.
      Conclusion: Not a 5* location at all. Nice but for a 3*+.

Room tip: If you need more quite room, choose second floor.
      Date of stay: February 2015
      3  Thank gygina2015

Hello dear guests,
      Thank you for taking the time to wright the review and we apreciate the experience in our mansion. More to it, we have dealt with a lot of inconsistencies that you have stumbled upon:
      - the parking have been dealt with and now we have proper parking spaces
      - the billiard now has a time table and is not allowed after a certain hour
      - each room has been endowed with minibars
      - the restaurant has been reinvented and now it's a full service restaurant
      We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future to change your thoughts about Ambient Mansion.

Reviewed 22 February 2015

I reserved 2 rooms in this mansion a duble and a duplex. I was asked to pay in advance the full amount for my reservation and although usually hotels ask for an advance payment not a full payment, I accepted. I even asked for an email confirmation of the rooms booked, which they didn't offered.When arrived there, surprize..
      They offered me a double room and an apartment, saying that my duplex was offered to someone else, who extended his stay. I have to mention that this apartment was not a good alternative, as was not located in the same building as all the other rooms, we had to walk through the yard to get to the indoor pool in the bath robe (during wintertime), and the design of the apartment was not comparable to that of the dublex.
      I asked for the rooms I booked and they simply informed me there is nothing they can do. Other guest also told me they have booked a specific room and received other.
      So my advice..don't go there. You'll risk receiving a room, worse than you booked and paid.

Date of stay: February 2015
      4  Thank marius c
      AmbientHotels, Manager at Conacul Ambient, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2015

Thank you for your reply regarding your stay at Ambient Mansion . We have talked together over the phone and I will mention a part of our conversation: you have been given an upgrade because the guest that occupied your room decided , without announcing us, to stay 1 more night even if he was explained that the mansion was fully booked. In this case, because the guest left all he's stuff in the room, we had to reposition your room into an upgraded apartment, more spacious and with it's own kitchen, at the same paid price ( even this apartment was normally pricier ). The fact that the decor was not on your liking is a subjective point of view. In fact, the next review on Tripadvisor is from a guest that appreciated it very much:

" Room Tip: apartment nr 13 is very cosy " quote from the guest's review

So, again, we are sorry for the misunderstanding, but it was a situation on which we had no control, since the guest was nowhere to be found . He left the room and returned hours past our conversation and your check-in .

Also, we have offered you a free night in any other weekend in order to compensate the situation but we have been turned down .

Reviewed 8 January 2015

I had the opportunity to stay two nights at this mansion after Christmas.The location is around 15 km from the center of Brasov on a quiet street of the village Cristian. In particular strengths clean, large rooms sleeping conditions very good.A very special breakfast varietyThe pool was very clean.
      Besides the location, for who wants to be closer to the center (for us was very good for that prefer peace), I recommend all this special place.

Room tip: apartment nr 13 is very cosy
      Date of stay: December 2014