“Outstanding food, but a bit *too* pricey.”
Review of Restaurang Agatan 3 - CLOSED

Restaurang Agatan 3
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Swedish/French cuisine using local produce, presented with great finesse in a pleasant and cosy ambiance. Whilst being centrally located in Örebro the restaurant is tucked away in a calm sheltered location. The restaurant is now operated by its chef Johan Tinglöw who has worked at Ågatan 3 since 1995. The restaurant seats 65 people, has a classic style and offers a pleasant comfortable environment.
Orebro, Sweden
“Outstanding food, but a bit *too* pricey.”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Eating out in Sweden is a budget-killing experience. If you're up to paying about 1000 kr for two for a delicious meal (including a single glass of wine) in Örebro, this is the place to go. Have not experienced better food in Sweden, outside of some Michelin-starred places in Stockholm. Most of the time, the price doesn't come close to matching the quality in Swedish restaurants. This time it does -- but it's more than my pocket can sustain except for very special occasions. French in inspiration, but Scandinavian in the material, real artistry happens on these plates.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Lauree T

Stockholm, Sweden
“Superb service and very nice food”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Went here on a tuesday evening for a family dinner. The staff did everything to make us feel welcome and made sure that we had everything we wanted. We all took a set menue of 3 corses, but before we had our starter they served us a fantastic apetizer on the house with 3 small dishes. Between the starter and the main corse the staff served us a "baked oyster" served in its shell as another treat on the house. Every dish tasted fantastic, well prepared, beautifuly presented - OK it´s a bit expensive but worth every krona!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank gelkr
Orebro, Sweden
“Nice place in a historically interesting surrounding.”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I'm afraid my purse won't allow me to be too frequent here. Not much more to say than that it is a really good place. It's also nice to take a walk around in the neighbourhood knowing that this is a place where people have lived for a longtime and there are quite a few interesting views around.

1 Thank Blue_Swede
Derby, United Kingdom
“A showcase of fantastic Scandinavian produce”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Dining alone whilst travelling abroad can be a daunting experience. Choosing somewhere to eat on your own can be quite tricky so I was very glad that my hunch to try Agatan 3 was spot on. I was made very welcome by the host and given a lovely corner table. The menu has a modest but fascinating selection of dishes and as I simply couldn't make my mind up in the end I decided to treat myself to the tasting menu (599Kr). I am so very glad that I did as the six plates placed before me showcased a wonderful selection of local ingredients. Agatan 3 takes the business of sourcing its meat, fish and fresh produce very seriously indeed and it was good to read about the provenance of the food.

The dishes themselves were excellent - thoughtfully crafted and beautifully presented. The balance of flavours was carefully judged and the skill of the kitchen undoubted. Particular favourites were a starter of whitefish roe with fennel smoked halibut, parsley root and citronetté and a main course of wild duck with goose liver, cydonia and Jerusalem artichokes. As I was on my own I opted for bottled beers rather than wine and the host chose a couple of lovely examples to match my food.

A truly memorable experience that was also incredibly good value.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Cuileann77
Naples, Florida
“Fantastic food, very creative preparation!”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

One of the best meals we have had. We had local lamb, local deer and duck liver. Side dishes were very unusual and delicious! A very creative chef. We would highly recommend this restaurant. Prices were reasonable for the quality of the food

• Visited September 2011