“Good hotel, but far from center.”

Best Western Eurostop Orebro
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Orebro
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good hotel. Clean. close to bus stop. Bit far from the city center, but bus connection is good. Nothing much to eat around the hotel other than a MAX burger shop. So you will have to go to city center to eat lunch/dinner, or choose the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Massao. S
Helena S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Eurostop Orebro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thanks for your comments.

Welcome back to Quality Hotel Örebro!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Eurostop Orebro

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Friendly staff and nice with a shopping center next by - easy to get from and into the city with bus. The evening buffet was okay and the waiter was service minded. We looked at the "fitness center", but it was not worth time using. The sauna looked okay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klaus H

Thanks for your comments.

Welcome back to Quality Hotel Örebro.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This ugly skyskraper outside a small town in Sweden, Örebro, overlooks a parking lot. I got there late and was told that the gym was not worth visiting. I discovered that the door to my room didn't lock. Down to the reception. "Hey, I can't lock my room" Response: "Oh, I thought they had taken care of that." "Can I have another room?" "No, we're fully booked" "But what am I supposed to do when I leave my room - I can't leave all my stuff there, with an unlocked door."
Some thinking and then: "Well I can come up every time you leave with a special key that will lock it."
I decided that it was too late and I was too annoyed to do anything else than not leaving my room. Instead I went to bed, took my early morning run (left my room unlocked and hoped for the best), and then I tried again. With a new person.
"Oh, I heard about that. We'll take care of it."
"I can't just leave my stuff in there, I've got to go to work."
"Okay. We'll get you a room. We have one."
I got a new room, but instead of writing, I had to spend the morning moving.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We spent one night because of a sporting event. This is not the type of hotel you come to without a car, it is in the middle of a large surburban shopping area. In fact, it is even in the middle of a shopping center with a large food store and not much else. There seeemd to be buses into town and you could walk, but still this is a place where you stop because you are on the high way.
That said, the hotel was comfortable, quite large but not a rushed ambience when we visited. There is a restaurant/bar with good service and ok food and prices. Oddly, they didn't have any vegetarian alternative so I saw some people get up and leave. What we ate was nice. There is also a cafe in the shopping center if you arrive early enough.
The room is ordinary in size, but quite enough for two people. Nice bed. Not vey posh decorating. The breakfast was good as well. I can recommend this hotel if you are on the road.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Helena S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Eurostop Orebro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thanks for your response at Tripadvisor.

Regards,
Helena Söderberberg
Quality Hotel Örebro

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I’ve stayed at the hotel a number of times. It’s a typical conference hotel and a part of the “Eurostop” building/complex, some very few kilometers from the city centre, located next to the “high-way” with a lot of traffic passing the city of Orebro.
The windows are very well isolated, so the traffic hasn’t really disturbed me.

You will some limited shopping possibilities here as well… However, if you expect to find modern fashion shops selling clothing’s, shoes etc., you will be disappointed. What you will find is a big grocery shop (though, having more than food only), a combined fishing- and sportswear shop, a hairdresser, a drugstore, a café…and that is almost all of it. Next to the building, you will find a hamburger bar, a gas station, car dealers etc.

The hotel building is quite tall, approx 12 floors (having 111 rooms and 2 suites). The staff at the reception desk is always very friendly and professional. I know, after been staying here many nights (maybe 12-14 times) during the past years.
Actually; I find the staff much friendlier and service minded than the staff in many other, much more expensive hotels. In fact; that is probably the most important reason for me why I always seem to return to this hotel.

The beds are good, and the width of them really generous. You’ll have a desk where you may put your computer. No armchair in the room. The bathroom is nice – however, no rug you may put on the (cold) bathroom floor (myself, I usually use the small towel for that).

During the evening you may eat the hotels evening buffet in their restaurant, at a quite reasonable cost (I didn’t do that myself this time).
The breakfast buffet is served in the hotels breakfast restaurant (it’s not the same as the evening restaurant), and you will find what you’ll need (cold and warm dishes).

I will keep coming to this hotel partly - as I already said - due to the friendly staff (especially the front desk staff), and partly because of the room rates for the overnight stay incl. breakfast, which is more reasonable than the rates for hotel rooms in the city centre of Orebro. It’s even very easy to park the car here - without any cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Homevalley55
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Room was small but comfortable enough. The only bad thing was too soft bed, kind of man eater. Excellent breakfast, very nice personel. I did not like the submarine window in bathroom leading straight to the room. Would be very indiscreete if sharing the room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rick H
Reviewed 23 September 2012

THis is a hotel for just sleeping in, nothing more than that, resturant and "bar" is in the same place, and making food and geting the smell of food when you are drinking is not any big+ for me, same with the relax dept... nice with a fire there but no not this time :( but in all this is a ok hotel for sleeping in, nothing more :(

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family