first i should state that our group of 11 had 3 infants below one year and a child aged 6 years .... a group with so many children travels with trepidation and it is after much thought that we decided to stay at villa bin rim haad after speaking to the property managers and looking at the pictures on the web ...... we arrived on the 6th of november 2013 after a long night flight with cranky children and their harrowed parents ...... we were very pleasantly surprised at the extremely fast check in, the cold towels and welcome drink ...... we were temporarily put up in a villa till ours got ready (though at a nominal charge .... but worth it as check in is after 3 pm) ...... the villa was perfectly set up with all amenities at our disposal and we were thankful we opted for the same ..... we were able to move into our villa at around 3 pm and were happy that the villa was exactly as was shown in the picture ..... the lawn was perfectly manicured .... the pool clean .... the toilets, kitchen and bedrooms flawless ..... we were also very happy at being provided 3 very comfortable cribs for the babies ....... we had a small issue with water pressure but the same was soon rectified ..... having a small villa with kitchen and sitting area with pool is a boon for a family such as ours and we utilised all the facilities to the maximum. The beach in front of the villa was very clean and had a security guard after dark. The breakfast provided was very good and special mention should be made of the lady who made the wonderful omlettes for us on the mornings of 7th and 8th nov. (we missed her on the morning of 9th nov) ..... we opted for a vehicle from samui airport from thai rent a car and i strongly recommend doing so for anyone opting for samui village as it is a bit away from everything .... roads are fairly easy to comprehend and driving is a breeze .... there are a few issues like insects in the pool after dark but to be fair you will have those in a property next to the sea but the pool is cleaned properly every morning ..... there are a few dogs but none of them bothered us and seemed quite friendly .... the quality of water in the pool also seemed a bit brackish but did not bother us at all .... the water recedes quite a bit after sunset but the water is back again in the morning ....... the staff at samui beach village are very friendly and bend over backwards to help ....... we were happy at our decision to stay at baan rim haad at samui beach village as we had an extremely comfortable and relaxing holiday and i would like to extend my thanks to all members of samui beach village on behalf of my group ...... we look forward to returning soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand