If you purchased a Groupon voucher for the Banburee Wellness Resort & Spa, demand a refund immediately. This place is a desolate scene from a horror movie--what might have been bright and shiny thirty years in the past is now a wasteland of crumbling facades (complete with musty odor...as if none of the toilets have been flushed in over a decade). There might be one or two other people who have the misfortune of occupying the resort at this moment, but other than that it is eerily quiet and abandoned. I spied an uneaten pizza cast aside in the empty restaurant--I don't dare eat here following such an ominous warning as that. My partner and I are checking out a day early from our two-night booking, tomorrow. We would bail today except for torrential rains--and a 45-minute ride from Chaweng. Even at $143 for 2 nights via Groupon, this place is no deal! You couldn't pay me to suffer this place--the zombie-like staff who nod and smile when you ask what happened to your promised deluxe room with jacuzzi, satellite TV, and private balcony. The jacuzzi is a small bathtub with jets. The satellite TV offers 4 channels. And the private balcony is neither private nor large enough to fit a chair. The pool area was void of staff/service members when we swam in the leaf-infested waters at 5pm. And to top it all off, this is the first place that has charged us for ice cubes (100 Baht/ $3.33 AUD/USD) to complement an already over-priced minibar. Preposterous! I can't get out of this hell-hole soon enough--shame on Groupon for not investigating this place prior to dangling the carrot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself with a stay at this boutique resort in Samui Island. Hideaway Villa on a small beautiful Mountain" Our resort overlooking azure seas and private beaches. It is an idyllic setting to enjoy tropical sunsets, Refreshing you by a specialist spa therapist and savor our signature island cuisine at beside the sea. * Not recommend for those who has a problem with knee and walking problem to stay at Banburee Resort* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banburee Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banburee Resort And Spa
- Banburee Hotel Laem Set
- Banburee Hotel Surat Thani
- Banburee Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand