We stayed there for 4 days and 3 nights in July 2012
Rose, one of the reception staff was really helpful and went out of her way to help us. She is probably the only one who can speak decent English and can understand you properly other than Mem.
The rooms in the main building are decent.
Other than Rose, the rest of the staff especially the one at reception cannot speak English well. It gets really frustrating at times.
The breakfast was a major disappointment. I have been to hotels with lesser stars than Banburee's but with a lot better breakfast. It was just croissants and toast bread and cereal. No cooked food. It was so bad that we only went for the first morning. Did not go the rest of the mornings even though it was free.
The pictures in the Groupon website look nothing like what we got. So misleading.
Reception after 10pm
Does not exist. Try calling after 10pm and you get a disgruntled guy waking up on the other line telling you grumpily to call back the next morning. He even hung up on me once when I wanted help with my TV channels.
It is really away from where everything else happens. Taxi service at 500bhat per person is rather expensive so we had to rent a motorbike of which, even then, was about a 20-25 minute ride to Chaweng.
Attempted to tell the staff about feedback but they don't appear like they know how to receive feedback. They just nodded.
All in all, I feel deceived as the price I paid was almost twice that of a 3 star hotel in Koh Phangan that was far more superior in so many ways. It is not worth your money. I feel that our biggest problem is that the Groupon voucher was misleading as the hotel did not meet our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself with a stay at this boutique resort in Samui Island. Hideaway Villa on a small beautiful Mountain" Our resort overlooking azure seas and private beaches. It is an idyllic setting to enjoy tropical sunsets, Refreshing you by a specialist spa therapist and savor our signature island cuisine at beside the sea. * Not recommend for those who has a problem with knee and walking problem to stay at Banburee Resort* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banburee Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banburee Hotel Laem Set
- Banburee Resort And Spa
- Banburee Hotel Surat Thani
- Banburee Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand