“Reasonable hotel”

Scandic Norrkoping City
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Norrkoping
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here as prt of a business trip and it was perfectly acceptable. I have used this hotle chain before and know what I'm getting.

In this instance the room was fairly small but clean and tdy and the bathroom/ wet room clean and well lit. I have tayed in larger Scandic hotel but the staff were good and use it again if I was coming this way

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were overnighting and had a 4 hour drive before, with 2 small children, we called the night before to check the booking, we have 2 children who require single beds, easy check in but got to our room to find 2 single beds and 1 foldaway cot ! Then got given a 2nd cot, my 5 yr old is way to big but was so tired she curled up and did sleep (badly) the3 yr pld slept with me. Those foldaway cots are ok but not the best or comfortable, I found the bathr cold, and a typical swedish wet room, water goes everwhere ! Clean and ok, but breakfast was not that great, yesterdays picnic selection, boring breads, old porridge which i joked one could cement a wall with! 1 flask of pre made coffee, which in this day and age of fantastic machines i expect a scandic to be better !
We arrived late and had to pay 120sek to leave the car nearby, for the night which is crazy..
So yes disappointed in honesty. I left a good bottle of shampoo ithe shower, we called later to ask if it was found but it wasnt, it was not empty so a shame on that one, but my mistake when rushing my kids to get to the animal park. Basic hotel more 2-3* standard

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September 2012 and found it very good and welcoming. The room was basic, but clean and ok. The bed was soft, smelled clean and fresh (which I always appreciate), floors were not carpeted and very clean. I liked the fact that the shower tap worked like a thermometer, you could set the temperature of the water. Sweden can be cold in September, so the aircon in the room (I believe it was set to a normal room temperature) was more trouble than help. I asked the receptionist to fix this situation somehow, so they gave me an electric radiator that solved the problem on the spot. Reception was friendly and very prompt. The exterior areas need some updating, as they appear a bit used and tired.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, very varied, well cooked and nicely presented. One night I tried the hotel restaurant and ordered the burger and fries. Although I'm not particularly fond of fast food, I must admit that burger was the best I ever had, although the meal was quite expensive (around 17 EUR, I think). Also, I was impressed with the honesty of the staff. I took the meal upstairs with me, so I paid by card in a hurry and, without paying much attention to the messages on the POS screen, I pressed ok to a quite big tip, 60 SEK. The next day the receptionist showed me their receipt and asked me to take the money back, as they could not accept such a big tip. They were sure I hadn't noticed it and thought it was dishonest to take advantage. Well, I must say you don't encounter this kind of attitude very often nowadays.
Sweden is quite expensive, so be prepared to spend a little more on food than you would in France, for example. Not all eating places offer good value for money, one night we ate at a central bistro and, for around 20 EUR, got a meal that was worse than fast food, some deep fried fish and some fries on the side, poor, service, etc. Better try to find a nice place to eat before arriving, I'm sure there are plenty of good restaurants around. The hotel is central, withing walking distance from all important spots.
I enjoyed the atmosphere of the city, it's a small calm place with lots of vegetation.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Spent one night at this hotel with 8 other family members so we booked 3 rooms. Overall I was pretty pleased with my room. It was very clean and the view was pretty nice. My only co plaints were that there weren't enough towels in my room (it was 4 of us sharing the room) and there was no bath soap either. How odd! When we talked to the staff at reception about this they were very pleasant and helpful. One thing I MUST mention for sure though is the breakfast we had the next morning. Mhmm! Delicious! And so much to choose from. I'm not sure how it is staying there for a few days at a time but overnight this hotel is definitely a must.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Great place. Nice location. Friendly helpfull staff. Great breakfast. Jacuzzi at 4th floor roof with nice sauna and little gym. Rooms modern and just fine. Nothing bad to say. Oh, they also have buffet till 21.30 so you can eat your stomach full and the price is not bad. Will sure come again and stay longer and visit town also, now where just in kollmården.
If you have to stay for and not pay you self ill (2 nights 210 e via booking.com)stay here. We travel a lot an see all kind of hotels and this was good. not special but everything was there and some more! Internet connection worked when we where there, watched movies at evening a okey! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The hotel is located actually in the city center. Near the hotel you can find different bars, restaurants, shopping mall, old factory (renovated as a kind of art-museum). At the same time the price for rooms will be very comfortable. The rooms itself are extremely small and tight (compact) but well designed (a kind of IKEA style). The hotel is relatively old – so you may notice tear and wear. But the biggest advantage of this hotel is the NIGHT BAR and 24/7 shop. So when you are on a business trip and overloaded with meetings during the day it is a good possibility to find a bottle of bear and a fresh sandwich somewhere at around 01:00 (night time). Especially I would recommend shrimps salad!!! It is fantastic. At the night shop you may find shaving cream, shampoo, tooth brash and even a new formal shirt. In addition – in the morning you will be pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. It is rich and tasty. Please notice 3 different types of sardines!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I was there for a conference and the hotel was perfect for what I had to do in the city. It is located in a nice area, the rooms are clean and functional. The bedding is of good quality and the barhtoom is well appointed. It is warm and cozy. The only drawback is the internet, not so fast.

The breakfast was excellent and the reception staff very helpful. Really a nice place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business