“Swedish cosyness and hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Lanterna

Hotel Lanterna
Ranked #2 of 5 Nykoping B&B and Inns
Brussels, Belgium
“Swedish cosyness and hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

It is the second time that I come to this small family hotel in the harbour area of Nyköping. This makes a nice stay for those arriving with evening flights to the nearby Skavsta airport. The building is one of this typical deep red -painted, swedish wooden houses. The inconspicuous outside hides a cosy and welcoming, warmly decorated interior. There is a large sitting room with comfortable armchairs and a nice terrace where I had a very good breakfast. There are some simple but good good restaurants and cafes nearby, but during my first stay I had an excellent salmon dish at the hotel. The owners were very friendly and helpful with explanations about things to see en route to Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank stefdc53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

It was difficult to find a room in Nyköping, but we managed to find this little gold mine. The people there were so nice and helpful. The place was really clean too!

Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular but definitely passed. I would recommend anyone who passes through Nyköping to visit this place

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Panidor
Winfield, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I booked two nights in September using venere.com on August 16th. According to terms of the booking I could cancel up to 24 hours before the reservation date. The hotel was not to charge my card until I arrived. On August 19th the hotel charged for my stay. On August 24th I cancelled the reservation. Since then I have tried to obtain a refund. Hotel Lanterna failed to reply to my emails, venere.com said they would assist but failed and the credit card company has not accepted my proof of cancellation.
All in all I'm very unhappy with the hotel for charging and then failing to respond or to provide the requested refund. I'm not impressed with the venere.com level of service. And I continue my struggle with the credit card company for over $340 in charges.
This may be a nice hotel but I'll never know. The customer service is pitiful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MG1974B
Faro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

We've just stayed 1 week in Stockholm: business and vacation. Loved the city, the people, the food. What a great surprise the food was. For our last night we decided to head south to Nykoping just 7 Km away from our conecting airport. The idea was to have a glimpse of Sweden countryside. The hotel we chose, the Lanterna hotel, was excellent. Very well located, very quiet, charming decoration (Swedish design meets English countryside). Best and cheapest hotel in our trip.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank elsamorgado
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

I was umpiring a Youth Baseball Tournament and stayed for 7 days...I liked the place, as I was out most of the day and only used the room for sleep & shower, I gound the hotel great...The organiser Peter Strom decided that the officals should stay in a hotel that had no phones, no bar, & plenty of relaxation, thanks Peter we all enjoyed it. The owner Thor, and his team were OUTSTANDING to us and the resturant around the corner(which was handy) were we ate each night was OUTSTANDING, so if you get the chance do used this hotel..

BJ De Lorenzo

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank delorenzo29
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

We were looking forward to our stay here having read the review in our guide book, but first impressions were disappointing. It is in the harbour area, but the location is not as picturesque as we had expected. It has no direct outlook over the water, being enclosed at two sides and overlooking industrial units and a car park on the other two sides. The part of the harbour that it is closest to is also not the most attractive, having a manufacturing warehouse style construction dominating the view. The outside of the hotel is also a bit uninspiring, but once inside that soon changes. The decor is very tasteful and the place has a modern, light and stylish feel. The decor makes a pleasant change from the standard chain hotels, though the bathrooms were rather basic (but clean).
We also had some problems with our advanced booking which didn't help in terms of first impresssions, but to be fair they sorted this for us and gave us one of our rooms free on the first night as compensation so we ended up happy on that front..
Breakfast is best described as basic but reasonable quality - limited cereals bread and fruit with a few slices of cold meats and cheeeses and no hot options. The dining area is very pleasant, however, as is their outdoor courtyard.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Rolo_W
Hemma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

I liked this hotel a lot. It´s situated in the harbour. There is a lot of restaurants and nice people. The hotel is clean and friendly.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple