Hotel Lanterna
US$129
US$117
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Good Morning+ Nykoping(Nykoping)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$80
US$140
US$94
US$222
US$341
Trosa Stadshotell & Spa(Trosa)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I cannot recommend the Lanterna enough the place is a gem. The Hotel has a very Swedish feel and has a very peaceful and relaxing vibe. The breakfasts were simple but delicious and plentiful we both really enjoyed the food and the classical music in the background followed by a coffee in the garden or greenhouse. Location wise it is well placed for bars restaurants and all the lovely walks beside the harbour and in to the centre of Nykoping. I will make a point of going back I have no doubt about that.

Room Tip: All rooms will have noise whether its traffic at the front or from the local bars at the back
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 1 July 2013

It is the second time that I come to this small family hotel in the harbour area of Nyköping. This makes a nice stay for those arriving with evening flights to the nearby Skavsta airport. The building is one of this typical deep red -painted, swedish wooden houses. The inconspicuous outside hides a cosy and welcoming, warmly decorated interior. There is a large sitting room with comfortable armchairs and a nice terrace where I had a very good breakfast. There are some simple but good good restaurants and cafes nearby, but during my first stay I had an excellent salmon dish at the hotel. The owners were very friendly and helpful with explanations about things to see en route to Stockholm.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank stefdc53
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

It was difficult to find a room in Nyköping, but we managed to find this little gold mine. The people there were so nice and helpful. The place was really clean too!

Breakfast was ok, nothing spectacular but definitely passed. I would recommend anyone who passes through Nyköping to visit this place

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Panidor
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I booked two nights in September using venere.com on August 16th. According to terms of the booking I could cancel up to 24 hours before the reservation date. The hotel was not to charge my card until I arrived. On August 19th the hotel charged for my stay. On August 24th I cancelled the reservation. Since then I have tried to obtain a refund. Hotel Lanterna failed to reply to my emails, venere.com said they would assist but failed and the credit card company has not accepted my proof of cancellation.
All in all I'm very unhappy with the hotel for charging and then failing to respond or to provide the requested refund. I'm not impressed with the venere.com level of service. And I continue my struggle with the credit card company for over $340 in charges.
This may be a nice hotel but I'll never know. The customer service is pitiful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MG1974B
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We've just stayed 1 week in Stockholm: business and vacation. Loved the city, the people, the food. What a great surprise the food was. For our last night we decided to head south to Nykoping just 7 Km away from our conecting airport. The idea was to have a glimpse of Sweden countryside. The hotel we chose, the Lanterna hotel, was excellent. Very well located, very quiet, charming decoration (Swedish design meets English countryside). Best and cheapest hotel in our trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business