“The room below expectations, great breakfast”
Review of Quality Hotel Park

Quality Hotel Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sodertalje
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were expecting to have a room for 4 persons but we got a small room 111 where only 3 of us, smallest child and us parents could sleep. We were kindly given a single room close to ours, that one was ok although very outdated. The bed in our room was very soft and not very good for sleeping. We asked better bed but were not given one. The rooms had no minibar/fridge, no bathtubs.

The breakfast was great and the service was very good most of the time except when we were namely asked to pay a room again which we had paid upfront along with the group. The issue was resolved later.

Stayed: April 2014
Anna W, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Hi Harri,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it helps us to improve.
I´m glad to hear that you liked our breakfast and the service was good.
We have many different types of rooms and just what you got is a smaller room for four which unfortunately does not have a bathtub or a refrigerator.
Sorry for the messed up a bit regarding the payment but I'm glad it worked out in a good way.
In the near future we will begin a renovation of a lot of rooms.
I hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back again! Please contact me then I'll make sure you end up in a larger room.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I ate at the hotel every night while I was here and was very pleased with the food. Staff very pleasant. The location of the hotel is excellent as the railway station (You cannot hear the trains) the bus station and the taxi rank are all at the back of the hotel.
Good location for walking into Sodertalje.
However my room had seen better days, probably in the nineties..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for your feedback.
I'm glad to hear that you liked the food and the staff here with us, I will convey.
I'm happy to tell you that we in the near future will begin a renovation of the older rooms.

Hope to see you soon again!

Best Regards

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I've been to this hotel often, it Always adds to a happy feeling.
It's perfectly located in the city center and the atmosphere very nice.
The open restaurant next to the lobby and living room are briljant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Anna W, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Park, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Wim,

Thank you so much for your feedback, that made us really happy!

Hope to see you soon again!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Before I went to this hotel I checked out the pictures on Tripadvisor, and as I entered the lobby, I recognized it immediately. Check-in went smooth and quick, very friendly staff at the front desk.

After stepping out of the lift on the 2nd floor I noticed the dirty carpet in the corridor. They really should let that cleaned!

My single bedroom didn't look at the pictures. At all. Not even close. Furniture is very basic and fulfills all needs, but it just isn't welcoming. Same with the bathroom. It is old and out-dated, but I have to say very clean. Bed was good, but the television (no, not a flatscreen) has I very high peeeeeep (elderly probably won't notice) and the build-in digital clock didn't show the correct time (1 h 50 min later then it was). It then happened, that I woke up very early and thought my alarm didn't went off - I was shocked because I had business meetings to attend, but I wasn't late at all. I couldn't sleep anymore after that, of course.

The bathroom has 2 towels, 1 small and 1 large. This is all 1 person needs, I agree. But during the day, I remembered that I forgot to hang the towel back on the rack, but left it on top of the toilet. I felt a bit stupid by doing so, because I don't want to give the house keeping extra work just because it is a hotel, but thought, well, the house keeping will hang it back for me, or even give me a new one. To my very surprise, the towel was at the same place as I left it! Still wet from my morning-shower. They made up the bed, hang the floor mat on the rack, but just left my towel on top of the toilet.

Pros:
- clean
- very fast, free WIFI
- good bed
- friendly staff
- great breakfast buffet, lots of fruit, yoghurt, fresh bread, coffee/tea to-go as well
- well-equiped room, with coffee/tea facilities, ironing board etc, trousers-pressing-thing

Cons:
- A bit noisy, especially when your neighbour is taking a shower
- Very out-dated room
- No electric outlet in the bathroom
- Shower with a curtain that tries to 'hug' you during your shower. There is really not much space left when you try to avoid that thing...
- No mini's in the bathroom, only 2 soap dispensers (1 at the sink and 1 in the shower). No shampoo or body lotion. Maybe you can get that at the front desk, but a colleague of mine actually run out of toothpaste and they couldn't help him with that (we worked from 7 AM to 10 PM, so he didn't have a chance to go grocery shopping)

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This hotel was a nice place to stay. Front desk personnel was exceptional in that he was very friendly and welcoming. I had a problem with my wireless connection to my work computer and the front desk clerk went out of his way to help me find a solution. Room was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast was very tasty and fresh with lots of choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Room with basic furniture, very warm and no A/C controllable in the room. The carpets on the corridor dirty. The staff very friendly and accomodating. In the room there is no water. The style of the hotel tryes to be designy but is cheapy. There is a smell of age. The parking is not signales. It is behind the hotel and you need to get a parking permit from the reception.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mirto
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I've been staying in hotels in Swrden for over 20 years of doing nudiness there & the Park is probably the best in Sodertalje (except for the absence of a spa & pool if that matters to you). Everything is fine. Nice staff, average bar, quite good breakfast buffet & all spotlessly clean.
But some of the rooms are small and with single beds. AND despite reminding the staff by email that I would like to upgrade from the room blocked by my company, they often fail to do so.
So if you want a decent bed remind them....and remind them again!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Joec26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sodertalje
Scandic Skogshojd
Hotell Dialog
#125 of 154 in Stockholm
Vasastan
Best Western Plus Time Hotel

Been to Quality Hotel Park? Share your experiences!