“Small rooms”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sodertalje
Addis Ababa
“Small rooms”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Check the size of your single room before you check-in. You can be surprised by the size despite the price you paid for. And skip the eggs at breakfast if you can, there are tasteless.
The hotel is very close to train station and city center. And service is perfect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Anna W, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Park, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Hi Picon,

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to improve.
I am glad to hear that you like our service.
We have many different room types, the room you stayed in was a little smaller one.
Please, let me know if you come back, I'll make sure you end up in a larger room.
I'm sorry you did not like scrambled eggs, we'll look at it.

Hope to see you again!

Anna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sweden
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I’ve stayed here many times and it’s always a safe bet for Södertälje.
Location is spot on, parking is close and not too expensive and the standard of the hotel is above normal.

Out the front doors and one is already in the pedestrian zone and less than two minutes behind the hotel is the trains station with direct connections to Stockholm and anything in-between.

The rooms are not new but well-kept and clean and one thing I appreciate is quiet. Windows and walls seems very thick because I’ve never had any problems with noises and then the trains station is right behind the hotel.
Traveling in work I always get single rooms and those are quite small, not claustrophobic but small. There are some larger ones and I one asks and they are free they always upgrade without a hazel or charge, this I like allot.

Breakfast is well assorted and fresh, now way normal people could leave from there hungry. There is one minor, and very subjective, thing and it’s the scrambled eggs. I’m sure it’s made using some large-kitchen egg-soup and it gets that taste and texture. But hey, they have boiled eggs as well so it’s really no big deal.

There is a restaurant (even thou it’s been closed during my last two visits, renovation I think) is OK but there are some much nicer ones just a few steps away.

Staff is very helpful, friendly and I’ve had no issues with them for the ten something years I’ve been there, so I think that they put that high on their priority list.
The reception is also the hotel bar, and thou I love the receptionists I don’t think they’re the best bartenders I’ve met. And the assortment isn’t really helping, but for a glass of wine or a beer it’s still very good.

Room Tip: If you have a single room, ask for the “larger” ones at check-in
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Anna W, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Park, responded to this review, 19 November 2014
Hey Björn,

Thank you so much for your nice words about us.
We're glad to hear that you like our hotel and staff.

Our restaurant is now open again, feel free to try our new popular menu at your next visit.

Beijing
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Location is good, very close to railway station and city center. But room is a little too small and noise during the night. Staff are very helpful and efficient. And breakfast is good. Will book the hotel next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Hi Li,

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us to improve.
I am pleased to hear that the staff are helpful and efficient, and that you like our breakfast.
I can see that you have stayed at one of our smaller rooms, we have many different room types. Let me know next time you come, I'll make sure you end up in a larger room.

Vantaa, Finland
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were expecting to have a room for 4 persons but we got a small room 111 where only 3 of us, smallest child and us parents could sleep. We were kindly given a single room close to ours, that one was ok although very outdated. The bed in our room was very soft and not very good for sleeping. We asked better bed but were not given one. The rooms had no minibar/fridge, no bathtubs.

The breakfast was great and the service was very good most of the time except when we were namely asked to pay a room again which we had paid upfront along with the group. The issue was resolved later.

Stayed April 2014
Anna W, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Park, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Hi Harri,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it helps us to improve.
I´m glad to hear that you liked our breakfast and the service was good.
We have many different types of rooms and just what you got is a smaller room for four which unfortunately does not have a bathtub or a refrigerator.
Sorry for the messed up a bit regarding the payment but I'm glad it worked out in a good way.
In the near future we will begin a renovation of a lot of rooms.
I hope that we will get the chance to welcome you back again! Please contact me then I'll make sure you end up in a larger room.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I ate at the hotel every night while I was here and was very pleased with the food. Staff very pleasant. The location of the hotel is excellent as the railway station (You cannot hear the trains) the bus station and the taxi rank are all at the back of the hotel.
Good location for walking into Sodertalje.
However my room had seen better days, probably in the nineties..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for your feedback.
I'm glad to hear that you liked the food and the staff here with us, I will convey.
I'm happy to tell you that we in the near future will begin a renovation of the older rooms.

Voorburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I've been to this hotel often, it Always adds to a happy feeling.
It's perfectly located in the city center and the atmosphere very nice.
The open restaurant next to the lobby and living room are briljant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Anna W, Receptionschef at Quality Hotel Park, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Wim,

Thank you so much for your feedback, that made us really happy!

Gaimersheim, Germany
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Before I went to this hotel I checked out the pictures on Tripadvisor, and as I entered the lobby, I recognized it immediately. Check-in went smooth and quick, very friendly staff at the front desk.

After stepping out of the lift on the 2nd floor I noticed the dirty carpet in the corridor. They really should let that cleaned!

My single bedroom didn't look at the pictures. At all. Not even close. Furniture is very basic and fulfills all needs, but it just isn't welcoming. Same with the bathroom. It is old and out-dated, but I have to say very clean. Bed was good, but the television (no, not a flatscreen) has I very high peeeeeep (elderly probably won't notice) and the build-in digital clock didn't show the correct time (1 h 50 min later then it was). It then happened, that I woke up very early and thought my alarm didn't went off - I was shocked because I had business meetings to attend, but I wasn't late at all. I couldn't sleep anymore after that, of course.

The bathroom has 2 towels, 1 small and 1 large. This is all 1 person needs, I agree. But during the day, I remembered that I forgot to hang the towel back on the rack, but left it on top of the toilet. I felt a bit stupid by doing so, because I don't want to give the house keeping extra work just because it is a hotel, but thought, well, the house keeping will hang it back for me, or even give me a new one. To my very surprise, the towel was at the same place as I left it! Still wet from my morning-shower. They made up the bed, hang the floor mat on the rack, but just left my towel on top of the toilet.

Pros:
- clean
- very fast, free WIFI
- good bed
- friendly staff
- great breakfast buffet, lots of fruit, yoghurt, fresh bread, coffee/tea to-go as well
- well-equiped room, with coffee/tea facilities, ironing board etc, trousers-pressing-thing

Cons:
- A bit noisy, especially when your neighbour is taking a shower
- Very out-dated room
- No electric outlet in the bathroom
- Shower with a curtain that tries to 'hug' you during your shower. There is really not much space left when you try to avoid that thing...
- No mini's in the bathroom, only 2 soap dispensers (1 at the sink and 1 in the shower). No shampoo or body lotion. Maybe you can get that at the front desk, but a colleague of mine actually run out of toothpaste and they couldn't help him with that (we worked from 7 AM to 10 PM, so he didn't have a chance to go grocery shopping)

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sodertalje
Scandic Sodertalje
#8 of 155 in Stockholm
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,850 reviews
Hotel J
#1 of 4 in Nacka

Been to Quality Hotel Park? Share your experiences!