“Best food I've had in Sweden”
Review of Jay Fu's

Jay Fu's
Reserve with
Jay Fu's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 342 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We went here August 15th. The entire dining experience was great.
There was a laid back atmosphere. The interior was chique, slightly dark and mysterious with playful and creative accents.
Their interpretation of Asian/American fusion was interesting, fun and especially very tasty. Their Wagyu beef was tender and perfect. I am no fan of sushi or fish yet thoroughly enjoyed their "It's raaaw!!!" starter. The shrimp and duck sliders were also very tasty.
As a main I had the burger. Being Americans living in Europe, my sister and I have a thing going where we test burgers we encounter to see if any can measure up to America's haute cuisine. This burger was without a doubt one of the best I have had in that experiment.
The pork chop main was monsterous, succulent, and cooked perfectly. Best my boyfriend has tasted in Sweden. (And he is a Swede)
Service was very attentive, helpful and informative. Occasionally slightly intrusive but compared to the entire experience that was minor.
As always in Sweden prices were steep, especially on the wines, but in my opinion prices were completely worth it.
Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Jay Fu's

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I loved the starters at Jay Fu! Have a selection of starters for two... which are amazingly tasty! The wine selection was brilliant and loved the view of the river from the small but neat restaurant with good ambiance. The staff are very friendly and enjoyed the evening. You need to be ready to spend though as their quality-food comes with a high price tag. Worth every penny though! Do strongly recommend Jay Fu!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were here April 5 and had a three course meal. We went out of the restaurant somw two hours later very full and satisfied. The food tasted very well and was fun to eat with its creative and interesting taste combinations.The meat we had for our main courses (duck and lamb) was juicy and nicely cooked. The desert, fittingly named The Bomb, was indeed an explosion of tasty chocolate. Staff was very friendly and helpful. A tip: drinks are high above average in this place and it's OK to come and just have one with your friends.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

Nise restaurant with good food. A bit pricey but worth a visit. the deserts are very good.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Jay Fu's offers a good location, very good service, excellent food and great atmosphere. Perfect for a romantic dinner or entertaining customers. The menu combines Asian and American tastes and has something for everybody. The starters are quite exceptional (the maki rolls with tuna, coriander and habanero are remarkable, the sashimi combo is great). I don't know a better restaurant in Uppsala, and I may very well have tried them all, at least in this price category. The prices are a bit higher than average but comparing price/performance I'd rate this probably as number one in Uppsala as of today.

2  Thank DrKMJ