“Best authentic Chinese food in Uppsala!”
Review of Golden China

Golden China
Ranked #27 of 342 Restaurants in Uppsala
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have had the best Chinese food here by avoiding the "Swedish" Chinese food menu and ordering off the extensive and excellent longer menu. They are careful to warn about the three-star spicey food (which I think is GREAT.) The hot pot is also worth ordering. I have also heard good things about the lunch buffet, although I haven't had it myself. Great food, friendly staff.

1  Thank slpasay
There are newer reviews for Golden China

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Let me start by saying I'm a chef and I've travelled to the Far East.
I went there on a Thursday afternoon around 4 it was completely empty, but anyways I had the tom yam gao for starter and it was terrible to be honest I tried I'd and the left it but it was my. Own stupid fault for ordering thai at a Chinese place but the second dish was great!!
This place is not the best Chinese you try in the world or even Sweden but it is in Uppsala !!!,!

1  Thank Mohammadali P
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We had the food at this restaurant today and the food was simply amazing.also the food is reasonably priced and really decent enough quantity...i would really recommend this place...

1  Thank Joydeep B
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We go to this place quite often cause we love Sichuan food and this is (I think) the only place in Uppsala that has this kind of food. They also have some "Swedish" Chinese food, but their strength is definitely the traditional spicy Sichuan dishes. Some dishes are just wonderful, like the mapo dofu and the spicy chili chicken. The setting is quite simple and the service is usually pleasant, but not overly enthusiastic.

1  Thank JacobLinda_W
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This small and almost hidden restaurant at the end of one of the main streets of the town offers real typical Chinese meals, not only the classic buffet, but a buffet with a special traditional touch. Fried milk is a must and never hesitate on ordering a real "hot pot". Price is economic for lunch and dinners are a bit expensive but you won't regret it.

2  Thank Colinthesecond