“Fab!”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Uppsala
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Great hotel, in beautiful surroundings. Have stayed here on two occasions and have not been let down, the rooms are pretty standard but beds comfy and cleaned daily. Breakfast is traditionally Swedish and plentiful. The staff are very competent and added with the close proximity to shops, bars etc I would recommend this hotel for a quiet stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Terese P, Hotelldirektör at First Hotel Linne, responded to this review, 23 September 2015
Dear thefuzzynormals,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your stay at First Hotel Linné.

Our guests' feedback is very important to us, and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Linné. Have a nice evening.

Best regards,
First Hotel Linné

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Solf, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Nice hotel and a good sized room for our family of five. The rooms are a little worn but fill their roll. Not too much noise from the street, good location, nice breakfast. Lovely Linne garden next to it. Have a stroll in the garden after breakfast and get a good start of the day! Could go here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear PJFo72,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at First Hotel Linné.

I appreciate very much that you took the time to evaluate us. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further comments to your stay or to help us improve our product.

We look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Linné.

Kind regards,
Kippaxs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Well positioned hotel and the rooms are reasonable. We found the bed to be too bouncy and we had to have the windows open to stay cool, but at least it was not too noisy. We were sad that the hotel no longer has free access to the Linnaeus Garden next door. The staff members were friendly and helpful but otherwise there was nothing special about the place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Terese P, Hotelldirektör at First Hotel Linne, responded to this review, 24 September 2015
Dear Barnacles,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at First Hotel Linné.

We look forward to wish you welcome back to First Hotel Linné.

Kind regards,
planetE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms of the hotel look quite outdated. Feel of the place is okayish, which makes it in its price bracket (comparable to the hornan) not the first choice. Asked for a quiet room but on the backside you hear quite some noise from i think a ventilation system. Located in a great part if the town. Close to the lingon restaurant which absolutely is worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank nicafamilytraveler
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

The staff is nice, the breakfast is ok, and the rooms are clean. The lobby is area is not bad, and you can get food at a bar, but not very late (at which point you need to be content with crisps or refrigerated sandwiches) The room is quite small, even for European standards. The bathroom can barely fit a person and I am lucky that I am not vain enough to carry to many toiletries, as there isn't enough space for more than a toothbrush and toothpaste in the sink area. There is no division between the shower stall and the rest of bathroom (no bath of course, the whole bathroom is about the size of half a bathtub), so you should be prepared to mop the bathroom floor at the end of your shower (a mop at least is provided; no need to bring your own).

The hotel still uses old-fashioned keys, which I find a pain to carry with me during the day.
The internet is free, but it requires an elaborate process of registering to the Cloud service and entering a long code.

On the plus side, you couldn't ask for a better location in Uppsala.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Orebro, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

A short walk from the City Centre, and approximately 20 minutes from the hospital. Arriving rather early I was told that the check in was not possible until 3 pm, in my eyes a late time. The staff at the front desk was polite and not very efficient.
I had booked a room of better standard and was put in a room with no curtains, with twin beds, a room that clearly had seen its better days. When I told the reception of the free view of my neighbours across the street to my room, they first did not belive me, and then just said they could do little about it. On checking out I mentioned this problem and the person at the front desk asked me if the manager could call me and so the manager did and we talked about the problem.
No amenities in the room.
No newspaper at breakfast, and just an ordinary and crowded breakfast, with slow replacements of thing on empty plates.
Shortly this is not a hotel to which I would return when going back to Uppsala.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MOLSWE

Travellers are raving about these Uppsala hotels

Clementon, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel and will probably not be my last. It is located away from the central area but not to far which makes it perfect to reach the shops via a short walk. This time I stayed in a junior suite which was very clean and in typical style for Sweden with the basic amenities. The restaurant had minimal selections but for a quick bite late at night it wasn't bad. In speaking with several colleagues who stayed in the area I definitely obtained the better deal. Only thing to keep in mind there are three small steps to get Into the hotel and when trying to maneuver luggage past the closed doors check for the button on the left to hold it open. A quick tip that I discovered after trying to lug a suitcase, laptop and purse through closed doors. I feel very safe in this hotel esp when traveling alone and find the staff extremely helpful.

• Stayed March 2013