“cozy comfortable place”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Cagliari
“cozy comfortable place”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been here with some collegues from work while we were in Uppsala. We had a recommendation for this restaurant from the hotel staff. The place is very nice and cozy, you do get the relaxed Swedish atmosphere. The manager/owner/waiter (he did all these!) had a nice deep voice, one you won’t forget! He is very kind (but who isn’t, in Sweden). The food is very nice. I had the fried salmon, with a side salad (which really is just a side – but I have been told that the Swedes are not big on salads) and water, so did not pay so much. My friends had the moose, and they liked it, but they accompanied it with wine and had dessert too, so the overall bill for them was very expensive.

• Visited October 2013

Uppsala, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average lunch”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We went for lunch and I chose the ribs. Whilst waiting, we had the usual help-yourself salad with bread selection but also a chicken soup. We had to wait five minutes for the harassed staff to replenish the bowls so we could try it, but it was very busy. Quite peppery at first, which gave way to an incredible saltiness so I had to take water after every few mouthfuls. Also not chicken visible, so more of a 'chicken stock' soup.
The ribs were fine, the sauce a mite too strong on the tomato and wine side, but the potato wedges were surprisingly tasty, and the coleslaw didn't overdo the onion, so was also good.
I was uncomfortable as we were seated by the radiators which were on full in a packed room, and we'd come in from the crispness of autumn so were rather overwhelmed.
Overall, an average experience in what was obviously a popular and busy restaurant, staffed by people racing to help everyone as soon as possible.

• Visited September 2013
Jakarta
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The meatballs? OK, but not great. The mashed patatoes with it was a large quantity but too much salt.
The seafood salad was tasty.
Sitting outside was nice
Sweden seems expensive country. Lounging seems to be the norm.

Visited July 2013
Hong Kong
“Meatballs were the choice”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I went there twice during my 2.5 weeks stay in Uppsala. The meatballs were very nice taken with the Lingnon berries and met our expectations. However, the second time I went and I took the trout which I found was very salty just like many other places I ate in Uppsala. I just wonder why the Swedes take so much salt???

Visited May 2013
1 Thank travelover01
Rye, New York
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I have mixed feelings about Lignon. It is known to be a good restaurant with Swedish cuisine where it is hard to get a table for dinner unless you have a reservation. I had high expectations when we went there for lunch today. The location is good and lunch is served in a garden. We had to wait in line for 10 minutes which was perfectly fine with us and were informed that food would be served in 25 minutes. No problem with that ether. However, my meat turned out to be almost cold and drying. I expected it to be fresh and warm after 25 minutes waiting. My husband's fish was good though. No consistency here. I didn't like the service. I felt like in a grocery store paying for groceries. Servers were running around, getting ready for a group of touirists (40 people at once). I understand that this group makes business but so do I while paying 97 crones for lunch (more expensive than average price for lunch in Uppsala). The server threw a receipt at me and ran away to help someone else. I wasn't asked about my experience, there was no standard Thank you! Good bye! either. It made me question this place. Is it really so good? Shall I just eat my food, pay and leave? If so, I would have gone to University canteen, not a well-known restaurant.

• Visited June 2013