“One of the best Irish pubs, but...”
Review of O'Connor's

O'Connor's
Ranked #56 of 363 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: Irish, Scottish, British, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This was perhaps the best Irish pub at Uppsala, from the location until the vast amount of drinks and awesome food. However, an unfortunate change in the menu and the presentation in the food, including a substantial decreasein the amount and quality of traditional dishes such as fries, fish and burgers have made this place to lose the fifth star. The high price didn't use to be a problem before, since it was worth. Now I have to think twice before climbing those stairs.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

What fun we had. The food is great, the beers were even better. The atmosphere was pure fun. Don't miss! The people there want to help you have a great time. Best pub we've ever been to!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Being an English ex-pat I appreciate O'Connors for it's familiarity - it reminds me of several pubs back home - as Sweden doesn't have pubs, it has bars (good clean bars though!). The dark wood panelling blends with dark green flourishes to give a cozy atmosphere, enhanced by the light winking off the hundreds of whisky bottles.
While more an Irish theme bar than true Irish pub (hardly surprising abroad), the personnel all have great English, as do most people in Sweden, and some are English-speaking ex-pats. O'Connors has a very wide selection of true beers and whiskys, and the staff are happy to help you with suggestions. The food is average with aspirations of posh - much like many gastro-pubs! Seating leaves a bit to be desired in the pub area - high stools or wooden benches doesn't do much for comfort, but the eating area is better. It's also very narrow, so gets crowded easily.
Regular live music, usually of the folk variety.

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

This "professed" Irish pub refused to serve an Irish family on vacation who called in for a family meal and drinks. They declined to serve us because not all of the members of the family had ID. Now as my partner and I are 58 yoa and my three sons are all in 20's (average age 25), we did not think we would need ID. We were refused service for not having ID for all the members of the family. Two of my sons had left their passports in the hotel. Also, it appears this pub has an age restriction of 24 of age which is anti family in my view and may even be unsound legally in terms of discrimination.
I could not recommend this pub at all.

1  Thank nessbites
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

If your a beer lover you have to check out this place! They have almost every beer in the world! The staff is great and the food is so good! Don't miss this!