“Great food and very accommodating staff”
Review of Kott Kok & Bar - CLOSED

Kott Kok & Bar
Price range: US$24 - US$29
Cuisines: Swedish, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I visited Kott Kok & Bar with my son when he moved to Uppsala in January.
The place was fully booked and we had not made a reservation in advance, which was a difficult start. We asked for a seat in the bar and they were happy to serve us both drinks and food seated in the bar. Very flexible and “can do style”.
As you understand the place was full of people – still we got very good and attentive service. The quality of food was just perfect, menu with many choices where we both picked a medium sized piece of meat that was cooked to perfection. Our preferences of side dishes where different, both the sauces, the mash and the fries, as well as the veggies was just great.
We will be back !!! Next time we will reserve a table in advance

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I will describe my experience in three steps: First impressions, the Dinner itself, and Aftermath.

1. First impressions:
-one single waitress. She was very attentive and helpful and would deserve a great tipping, but she was the only one, and there were lots of people so the service was really slow.
-cheap chairs, cheap porcelain, all student-IKEA style. The menus looked printed at the bar itself and looked prehistoric. The owners seem to save money wherever they can.

2. Food:
-absolutely lovely and fantastic food. Clearly worthy the prize and good portions. No complications in preparation. Seldom, one eats so delicious and good food as here. And what a sauce! But the recommended wine was poor.

3. Aftermath:
-three hours later, I had nausea and diarrhea. I am still nauseous today and can't eat. (Yes, I am sure it was related to the restaurant visit.)

Summary: No matter how delicious was the meat, I am terrified of going there again. No fun spending the night in the toilet.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

It's probably over a year ago that we visited this restaurant, but I'd like to balance the impression of some other reviews. We had made a reservation, the place wasn't even half full, and we still had to wait even to be seated and then for everything else. Service was slow and inattentive and the food really, really disappointing. We both had lamb, a poor choice given how bad the cut was. The potato gratin we ordered along with it tasted like the store bought variety, and can't - despite the long wait for our food - have been freshly made. When we inquired about the quality of our meal the waiter told us that it was supposed to be like that. We will not come back.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We've walked past this place many times and it doesn't look like much from the outside. We decided to visit the place now, based on tripadvisor reviews. We're very happy with that choice! We went there quite early on a Saturday night and managed to get a table, even though there was already a lot of people in the restaurant. The service was very polite and professional. The food is great if you're into meat! Really high quality. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Restaurant selected after reviews on Tripadvisor and did not disappoint. The restaurant had a lovely busy hum on the Saturday evening we attended. Tables were mixed with families, couples on dates and groups of friends. Our party of 3 had made a reservation and we were greeted enthusiastically and shown straight to our table. We were well served throughout our stay by a knowledgeable and polite waiter.
This was our first visit (will not be the last) so we all had different choices so we could try out the menu. I had Artichoke Soup followed by Pepper Steak (flambé) with Potato and Goat Cheese cylinders. Everything had so much taste and was all of very high quality. The meat was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth.
The others in the party ordered Skagen followed by Venison and Roe followed by Duck and their meals were also of very high quality. The green salad with walnuts and blue cheese dressing was a big hit with my wife and mum who are not usually salad fans.
Sadly cannot comment on desert as we were so full we could only manage coffee. Just a quick note coffee was not from a pot that had been stewing for hours but made to order and was also delicious.
OK, it is not the cheapest place in town and it’s not a historic building but it has a welcoming atmosphere and you cannot fault the quality of the food and service.
I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Bowler1975