“Good food.. but we had to wait...”
Review of Tvakanten

Tvakanten
Ranked #103 of 1,444 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Price range: US$12 - US$36
Cuisines: Diner, Swedish, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Here thrive both those who want to go to a talk-friendly food bar with a relaxed atmosphere, varied selection of food and drink, or those who want to enjoy a menu with matching wines. Great bar, several dining rooms, private rooms in the wine cellar and lovely outdoor seating makes us fit for both private and corporate guest. Our menu is Swedish-Scandinavian west coast influences and changes after the season. We are here to take care of you!
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The cooks were probably overwhelmed by the Friday crown, and we stayed over two hours in this restaurant strategically situated on the main street of the city. In the end it was a pleasant stay, and the waiter graciously brought us complimentary starters to help in the wait. I had the Tournedos, which were excellent.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Sat down in the pouring rain and looked out on the pedestrians on Gothenburgs famous street. The waitress was vey nice and brought me a glass of wine as I waited for my hamburger. Nice Riesling.
The burger was delicious, modern with thick fries, chilimayo and nice bread. Many interesting choices on the menu ranging from oysters to cod! The daily special was cod with risotto-a bargain. Cappucino good as well. The restaurant has big outside space and a very cosy inside area. Only complaint really was that after my plate was put down service was non existent! Perhaps better when the restaurant is more crowded-I was there at 2 pm

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Had a good Gravad lax but the cod was too salty as well as the sauce with it. Service was somewhat unfriendly and very slow..

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Tvåkanten enjoys a nice location and nice premises right on Göteborg's Avenue. The environment is not really romantic, but it could be very good for a business dinner. The food is well made, and the menu has the advantage (rare) of an effort towards offering typically Swedish dishes, or interpretations thereof.
Unfortunately the service is mediocre, done by amateur waitresses. The pretentiousness of the place, the reputation and the bill is in striking contrast with that. It is worth trying your luck there, but I am not sure I will go back.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I love traditional Swedish food and for lunch on the second day we decided to go to Tvåkanten on Avenyn in Gothenburg.

The restaurant is beautiful and I can imagine that it is even more so when it is dark outside. The fire was lit and there were candled on each table So all was nice and cosy.
I could not resist the cured venison to start with, served with lingonberries and celeriac. I loved the lingonberries but the taste of he celeriac I thought was a little harsh and for me, parsnip or swede would have worked better but the meat was great.

One of the maincourses was beef and one was cod, served with boiled potatoes, clarified butter, prawns and grated horseradish. The cod was perfectly cooked and horseradish is so great with white fish.

read more here: http://petra08.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/a-very-swedish-lunch/